Pages

So Long Saab

Friday, January 02, 2009

We had been looking & looking & looking for a bigger car for months. We thought we had found "the car" we wanted on Wednesday but when we called the local dealership it had sold already. So again disappointed we began another search for a bigger, low payment, pretty , but manly way to transport all 5 of us. We wanted all the bells & whistles without all the coin. So needless to say we were picky..probably too picky. Rod was at the school & I was at the house. the boys were all napping & down for quiet time soi I thought I would help Rod out and do a search on cars.com. nothing showed up in KY or Tenn that interested me so I thought lets look in Charlotte NC since we are stopping there on the way to Florida. low & behold a car popped up that caught my eye. Envoy XL Denali with leather, DVD, navigation for super duper little. I called the dealership & it was still there. I begged the guy not to sell it before we could get there over the weekend. meanwhile 5 minuets up the street Rod was looking at the same car on eBay doing the same thing I was. ha ha. We felt confident we found our new family car & decided to leave for NC on Friday to ensure we got the car. so we left on Friday morning at 7am. the boys were great during the 4 hour drive. we arrived at the dealership & were so excited to see the car was in great shape! Tre loved the DVD player, rod loved the navigation, i loved the 3rd row & britton & maddox didn't really seam to care one way or the other. we walked into the dealership & instantly were excited! we were anxious about how the kids would handle a few hours in a car dealership after hours in car seats...but what did we see? a huge sofa, toys galore & a TV with nick jr. on. YAY! so the kids played & ate lunch while Rod purchased our car, & I chatted with the owners wife who was so fun & cute! she even chased britt a few times for me while I nursed--what a saint! It turned out to be a great experience & we just love Bob & Dottie. We split the kids. Rod took Tre in the new car while I took the babies & the Saab on on last voyage. we arrived in town and went to my grandparents house for dinner. it was great to visit with them & we had a lot of fun We then drove up the street to my parents house. My parents were already on their way to florida so it was just the sclaters. We were all pretty exhausted. The boys slept well after a long & busy, but productive day! We finally have our big 3 rower car! no more smooshed back seat!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground