Pages

{Mr & Mrs Sclater have a date}

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Photobucket
(back when I didn't know what a hair iron was.)

Mr & Mrs Sclater
had a really wonderful weekend.
With exception to a very ill little boy &
lots of GI study for an exam on Monday Id say it was perfect.
My parents came into town to baby sit.
Our Friend Laura helped our stake book
Barbara Barrington Jones

to speak to the youth, women & couples.
It was important to me to support Laura & go.
Ill admit that was my initial motivation.
I asked mom & dad to come down & watch the big boys while Rod studied
& Maddox & I headed to Knoxville.
I arrived Late.
I am NEVER late. I hate being late!
But Britt had been so so so so sick the night before &
I was not going to leave the house for the day without knowing he was going to be okay.
So I left Tre & poor baby Britt with Omah & Opah & drove 2 hours to the stake center.
I walked in & the prettiest song was playing.
INSTANT TEARS!
I thought.."what already? I just got here! Pull it together Jennifer!"
The lyrics were about a mother, busy exhausted, cant fit in her old jeans, warn out...but our father in heaven knows her & loves her.
After I turned the faucets off & wiped my nose
I realized what a blessing it was to be in attendance.
everything she said I needed!
I am so grateful to Laura for arranging the weekend.
I know it was a lot of work for her.
I called my mom at lunch break to check up on the home front.
Brittys fever was 105...& (don't tell my parents) but thats about the speed I drove to get home.
I wanted to be there!
So Maddox & I left the women's session early,
but with a wonderful feeling of the spirit.
Britt was clothed in only a diaper & his "sleepy blanket" when I arrived home.
I held him for a good long time, helped him drink some fluids
said prayer after prayer that he would feel better.
the poor baby couldn't move. He was lethargic.
Doctor Dad had left his study session when I left Knoxville.
He had been home making Britt drink pedialite to hydrate him.
(My husbands gonna make a mighty fine Doctor. )
Rod & I discussed with my parents whether or not we should go through with the original plan of attending the couples session.
We resolved that we would go.
Oddly enough I felt at peace as we left Tre, Britt & Maddox with my parents.
My parents are great.
as soon as britts temp went way way up they stuck him in the cold tub.
I love them!
Rod & I went to dinner.
We ate Bonefish Grill. Go find one & eat...now!
It was heavenly!
Im pretty sure the words that left my lips were...
"I want to eat this everyday for the rest of my life."
It was that good!
We sat on the same side of the booth & watched all the prom goers strut there stuff.
We called to check on all the boys...all were sleeping & happy!
We arrived at the stakle center with minuets to spare. We sat with members of our ward & really enjoyed the happy & enthusiastic spirit that was in the chapel!
Sister Jones discussed 5 things a man needs & 5 things a women needs! It has blessed our marriage already!
I love Rod & I love that he is constantly trying to improve our relationship. He makes adjustments so I can be happy! He is my perfect counterpart. He truly does complete who I am. I don't think I have sat in one place for 2 hours for over 4 years!
It was lovely sitting with my hubbys arm around my shoulders, hearing the laughter of our bishop & his wife & all our friends.
We were laughing, we were crying, we were making mental notes. Rod knows what he wants to work on & I know what I want to work on. I love him. I want to do my part!
We called home after the session ended & my mom happily announced that britt's fever had broke! What a relief.
We drove home happy & filled with ambition to improve our relationship.
Id say this was by far the best date so far. Thanks Rod for putting your studies aside right before a test & taking me out on the town! Thanks Mom & Dad for driving all the way here to watch our boys!


2 comments:

allegra said...

what a beautiful post. i love when you feel the spirit at just the right moments to get you through... at just the right time when you need to hear it. glad you had a great night out. sounds amazing.

sorry about your little guy. i hope he feels better!

Amy Houseman said...

i love it that you get to go to these conferences and learn about how to better your marriage! i would love to hear what the 5 things a man and woman need! matt and i just got back from a great conference ourselves! isn't it awesome to learn from amazing people!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground