Pages

{I have a secret...}

Monday, April 06, 2009

(No..im not pregnant..again....yet. ha ha.)

I would be doing a disservice not to share
my secret to making my husband fall in love

with me over & over.
Its chocolate cake. & its easy.

Photobucket


Chocolate Lover's Cake

What you will need:
*flour
*sugar
*salt (I am partial to kosher salt)
*butter (not unsalted)
*unsweetened cocoa powder
*buttermilk (I have a simple alternative listed below)
*eggs
*baking soda
*vanilla
*powdered sugar
*pecans


1st...
Combine in a large bowl:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

2nd...In a saucepan,
Melt 2 sticks butter
Add 4 unleveled tablespoons unsweetened cocoa. Stir together.
Add 1 cup boiling water, let mixture boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat.
Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.

3rd...In measuring cup,
pour 1/2 cup buttermilk.
Add:2 beaten eggs &
1 teaspoon baking soda &
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture.

4th...Pour into sheet cake pan and bake 350-degrees for approximately 20 minutes.

5th...While cake is baking make the icing:
Chop 1/2 cup pecans
Melt 1 3/4 sticks butter in a saucepan.
Add 4 unleveled tablespoons cocoa,
stir to combine, then turn off heat.
Add: 6 tablespoons milk &
1 teaspoon vanilla &
1 lb minus 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Stir together.
Add pecans, stir together, and pour over warm cake.

6th...Cut into BIG pieces & devour!
Feed this to your husband & he will fall in love with you all over again. I promise!
I'm absolutely certain that you cannot go wrong with a treat waiting on the table for hubby when he gets home.
Nothing says I love you like chocolate.

by the way...I don't know about you, but I don't have buttermilk in my fridge all that frequently so I asked around on Google...& you can do this to create a suitable alternative...
just fill a measuring cup almost to 1/2 cup of regular milk. take some vinegar & fill the remainder of the way to 1/2 a cup. & voila! instant buttermilk...or something like it.

Go grab an apron (because baking is just more fun in an apron) & go make a cake!
you won't regret it...
but your dress size might.

3 comments:

Mauri said...

ok...yummy!
and I was laughing at your comment because when you are away I miss your posts too. you are one of a couple blogs I look at daily because I KNOW there will be a new post.
ps...scary about the fork! I'm glad he's ok, and was still smiling in that picture?! what a tuff kid

Bingham Fam said...

That cake looks super yummy and I cant wait to try it out....I hope my hubby falls head over heals for me again and again! haha! So the other day Josh was on the computer and was checking out your blog and he told me what happened to Tre and said I needed to check your blog asap, which of course I did but havent had a chance to write till now. Poor guy, how is he holding up? I feel so sorry for him. My mom did that just last year, but she was 51. We just laughed at her but when it is a sweet little boy it makes us sad. I hope he is doing okay. Lots of love!

DW said...

i wish i had read this earlier!! i just made my fiance a chocolate cake for his birthday (today) and had to go to foodnetwork.com for a recipe!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground