Pages

{Zion}

Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15 2011

Rod,
When we first moved here I was the first to let anyone know exactly what I thought about my new hometown. I was not thrilled to live in a town with so little & no Traget for hours. I wanted people to know that I was only here for a temporary stay. NO way was I sticking it out in rural USA for more then the 2 years prior to rotations. I wanted out. Funny thing is. that feeling did not last long. I started to see the beauty in simple & quiet things. Walks past old victorian houses that once belonged to coal industry presidents lended me an appreciation for the unique history of our small town. Visits to the local grocery store where the casheres & baggers knew my name & the names of our children, where a helping hand & lollipops were always available to ease the burden of shopping with 2, then 3 then 4 children made me appreciate the tight knit community I had become a member of. Visits to the elementray school playground just down the street from our 1940s bungalow style home helped keep us busy while you studied hard to prepare a future for us. Community services were incredibly willing to help us cut down unsturdy trees at no cost & pick up way too much garbage left from the previous owners of our house. These kind services taught me how generous our neighbors were. Tre's school proved to be an amzing place where T learned to read, write & be a friend. I fell in love with our little town.
Then we started to make friends at church. I was a goner! I was called to the Primary Presidency where I was given the oppurtnity to nug, teach & be silly with the children of our ward. I met their mothers & they were each so warm & welcoming. Eager to give. I would not have withstood the hardships of being alone for weeks & months at a time while you traveled for rotations without the ladies of our ward family. They brought meals, offered help with the children, lifted me when I was down & out. They were aware of my needs & though they had their own lives to lead, they helped me live mine with less worry.
The families we met who were expieriencing the occasional downs, but mostly ups of med school right along with us were my saving grace. they understood exactly how I felt. Playdates were often & always made the children & I feel grateful for the blessing it was to be here. Our Children had such good example here. The children they grew up with the past 4 years are such charmers & I am heart broken that they will continue to grow & we wont be near to see it.
I think, Rod, that I have found my Zion. This morning as we drove north in Kentucky I cried while we listned to the hymn "Isreal Isreal God is calling." Graduation is over, & we both know what is next. we are moving. We did not understand why Heavenly Father wanted us here. We were confused to say the least. But I know you feel as I do that it makes perfect sense why he wanted us here. We have learned a tremendous amount about His will for us, about one another & about us as individuals. I have grown so much closer to our Father in Heaven since our move here. my relationship with you has been tried & strengthened. My love for our sweet children has grown as I realize that it is the simple things in life that matter to me most. we lived the past 4 years with out lots of stores, money, fancy things, or places to go. & I like that. It has brought us to spend more time as a family.
So, as I said, as the hymn played accross our car stereo, the twangy sounds of the lower lights filled my heart. I felt overcome that I had come to Zion. Zion is anyplace where saints are gathered together. Dont you feel it?! the spirit here is tremendous & heavy. The saints here are beautiful & their testimony's are deeply rooted & unshakable. I feel strong here because of the people, the expieriences, the friendships, the leadership, & above all you & the children. We have come to Zion.
I tell you this, because you led us here by following the spirit. I am grateful for your dedication & strength, your trust in the Lord & your loyalty to your dreams. Thank you for bringing us to a place where we could grow spiritualy! I could not have imagined what a good expierience this amazing/difficult time would have proved to be.
I am far beyond proud of you! I never once doubted that you would achieve this goal. You did it! & you did it all while loving a growing family. Thank you does not seem to say enough. Our dreams have been & are continueing to be realized. I feel deeply blessed to be your Mrs. & to have stood by you through the rollercoaster of the past 4 years. Thank you for choosing me to be your companion. Thank you for choosing me to be by your side while we fell head over heels for this home of ours, & this bit of Zion.
I love you
forever & 3 days...maybe 4,
yours

3 comments:

Kalen said...

*gasp* I tell Brad I love him "forever and a day," too... but, yes, it's more like forever plus an eternity!!!

Ava said...

Okay... my waterworks are turned on. Lovely words. I hope your move goes smoothly. Thinking of you and that crew of yours! I'm sure it's exciting and frightening all in one package!

Kim-the-girl said...

This is beautiful! We'll be down in San Antonio this weekend, need any help moving in?

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground