Pages

{hill billy farewell}

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Its May.
which means we only have about 3 more weeks until our lives have to completly be packed up & moved. Not at all looking forward to leaving the happy family we have built here. I think about the Pattons who play with Presley every sunday in church, I think about the whitings who have been our friends since day 1 of med school, I think about the Sowbys who have been such a pleasant surprise the past 2 years, I think about all my med wive friends & the turners, & the Smiths & the thompsons,morgans, williams, pritchards, the ballards... okay...everyone...& I cant name you all here. mostly because taht would be silly. I can actually visualize my ward family...each face, each smile & I have a memorie for each. My heart might shatter come the end of this month.
Tonight was the much anticipated last horrah--hillbilly style.
everyone was decked out in denim, camo, flannel & old, 2 sizes-too-small attire. Evetyone brought a treat or side which accompanied burgers & dogs. we had the ward talents come together to play some blue grass & do some crazy momma dancing.

(videos of that to come when I get back from TX! Just not enough hours in the day!!)
Thank you Heather & Taralyn for the fabulous send off!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The decor was hillarious...trash bag pom poms hung from trees (sorta reminded me of some med friends who moved away who once decorated with trash bags themselves ;) we missed them tonight!)The banner was perfect & the tables were fitting too. everything had hill billy screaming from it.
Presley girl was passed around all while rocking her bandana diaper. the boys sported ripped clothes, Rod rocked the overalls & I wore my 6 year olds shirt. good & completly unforgettable times!!


Ill get crackin on those videos!

I have evidence of some sweet dance moves!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground