Pages

{Is there a Doctor in the house?}

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I need a vacation.The past 3 days have been a whirl wind! A good whirl wind. Rod graduated from medical school.My beautiful Mom came in for the eventfollowed by Rod's hillarious dad & his siblings with their children.I know having family around made Rod feel very loved & supported.our little goobers had way too much fun staying up past bedtime & playting hard with cousins & friends all while getting really dirty & eating lots of cupcakes!






so lets start with the night before.lets call it pre-graduation celebration.Friday nights at Webbs Country Kitchen means live blue grass bands.My Mom has come to like this place a lot, so we took her for one last "Gap Burger"






The sowby fam & Rod's Brother & Sister joined the group.The kidd-os danced & clapped & got ketchup on their shirts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


















Moving on to Grdauation Morning.We woke up bright & early & put on our dressy stuff to head over to the University's sports arena for the big event.Graduation started at 10am.I promptly began to cry at 10am.





It hit me hard that it was coming to an end.We were able to sit near the Finklea family, & the Whiting Family.We started down this crazy road with them, it was nice to end it with them too.Thank heaven for my mom (aka: Omah) She snuggled my kids & helped them through 2 hours of pomp & circumstance.Rod's Dad & Toby & Jess joined our row & Taralyn proved her love by braving the event with her 2 cuties. thats true friendship to bring 2 kids to a graduation you DON'T have to go to!Can I just say...My children were sooooooooooo INCREDIBLY good through this entire graduation business!I am honored to be their mother!







Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket












After graduation we all headed over to the church for a family Luncheon.Tamsyn, Laura & I organized a Lunch for our graduates & their/our families.The children played & we mingled.then it was time to say some goodbyes.I hate goodbyes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket






Photobucket & as if that wasnt enough...after a short nap & some outside play with Uncle Thobias we climbed in our cars & headed over to eat one last time at Heavy's BBQ on the river.We have taken the kids to eat there for 4 years.the staff remember us & have seen our babies grow.Rod's dad, my Mom, Rod's siblings & the Sowby family & Terry family made for a fun group.the high light was Britton & ketchup bottle.feel free to assume the worst:) what a silly bunch.




the below picture is of my husband (the 4th year grad) Taralyn (the 2nd year about to take her 1st round of boards) & the up& coming 1st year Brad. great doctors!







Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket






Tar tacked up 1 last dollar bill on the wall at Heavy's for us this time with Rod's (unwanted) title as Doctor (My husband is modest/humble--almost to a fault.) It was nice to leave a mark of our much too short stay in the area. More goodbyes were had.(had I mentioned I hate goodbyes?)





We came home to a rainbow.I cannot think of a better way to end a big day.







Photobucket












& Now Im going to sit down for a few minuets before we tackle a gazillion things that need doing before our move to the lone star state!












No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground