Pages

{Impromptu dinner party & concert}

Monday, May 09, 2011

Last minuet we decided to get a group together to celebrate mommas. We ended up at the Sowby's house--because they have a mansion & a huge fenced yard. Rod made most of the food with some help from craig too. A new family moved in so of course we had to invite them & their 2 cuties & then poor Heather had a husband who was flying sick people to hospitals so we made her join us too! It ended up being a rather large group! we ate tacos & cake & strawberries & the night was finished off with a concert involving the rain stick, the something where you rub a stick on something bumpy & the accordian. HILLARIOUS! way to go guys.

I think I love mothers day so much because its not a big celebration, its simple, & quiet & I like it that way. An extra hug & a few moments extra in bed in the AM is enough to make me feel cherished. (not to say my guys forgot to spoil me...because they did. even blue flowers from britton! no surprise there! his world is blue.)

I am grateful for my Mom this mothersday. She & I & baby girlie were in San Antonio together this past week checking out my new house & exploring my new stomping grounds. It was a fantastic mothers day gift to have sometime with my mom. I love you mom! You are exactly the Mom I wish I could be! Thank you for being such a good example of motherhood the way it was meant to be!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Tureks said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am so glad you were able to go and visit San Antonio once before the big move. Reading your blog, I can feel that you have the same excitement/anxiety over the fact that the days are ticking away. I can't wait to get there and am wanting to stop the clock all at the same time. It is less than a month away from our report date now...can't believe it. I hope you enjoy this time with your friends. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground