Pages

Words on Confrence Weekend (pictures to come)

Monday, October 06, 2008

General Confrence is such a fun time for the latter-day saints around the world. We are blessed with the oppurtunity to hear from our beloved prophet, his apostles & selected general leadership through the church. We are given counsel through out the year through written publications & our local authorities, but two times a year we are addressed as a body of saints by powerful leaders. I remember my first confrence vividly. It was an undeniable witness to me that the church is true, that our prophet is sent of our Heavenly Father & that I am loved by our savior, Jesus Christ. My second confrence was equally wonderful, I was able to attend a session with Rod (who at the time was not my boyfriend--thats a fun story for another day. ha) Being in the actual conference center & being shoulder to shoulder with all the eager latter-day Saints was beautiful! I felt the spirit so strong within those walls. I was blessed with other oppurtunities to attend sessions in the center, but once Tre was born we became a bit home bound for sessions. I really enjoy watching confrerence on TV, or the computer or listening on the radio in my home. The sound of the prophets voice in our home offers such comfort & love to my family. When Tre was an infant he slept through conference, as he got older it became more & more difficult to listen, so we would buckle him in the c ar & go for a drive through the canyons while listening to the broadcasts. This general conference I was scared. Scared we would hear NOTHING! with two busy boys I feared the worst. So I put togethera basket of activities for the big boy & made snacks for the Britton-bear...becuse, well, food is britt's favorite form of entertainment. Saturday Britt went down for his nap, we set up the lap top, pulled the cookies from the oven & the 3 eldest sclaters snuggled on mommy & daddys bed. Tre was excited & eager. All morning he had been asking what time the clock would read when it was confrence time. He happily sat quietly completing his activities & snacking. The sessions went something like this...
Sclater Success rate by percentage:
Saturday Session #1: 97% succesful ( a dream come true! yay!)
Saturday session #2: 10% successful (Rod & I will be watching this during the week)
Sunday Session#1: 88% successful (Tre was a bit more antsy, and britt woke early)
Sunday session #2: -5% succesful (again we will be watching this session this week)
so all in all...not ALL bad! We were blessed with some much needed councel, & felt the love of Christ more strongly in our home. Tre for the first time could recall some topics. We feel so very happy to have had the oppurtunity to hear from our Prophet, President Monson.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground