Pages

Perfect endings

Saturday, October 11, 2008

There is not much in my every day that is better then clean little fingers & faces at bedtime. Fresh from the tub & ready for slumber.




Today was one of those days. Those days where you stub your toe, bonk your head, spill your milk. Just one of those days. There have been worse, & there have been better. Rod came home from a day of studying while I was mid dinner prep & I just needed a time out! I scurried off to the bedroom & gave my self a moment to regroup. While in the bedroom (I wasn't crying. I swear.) Tre came in to check on me.

Tre: Mommy are you okay?
Me: Im fine Tre-Bear sometimes mommy gets the grumpies.
Tre: You have to think about happy things mommy. Like school, & church & daddy.
Me: Your right Tre. Mommy has so many things to be happy about. You make me feel so much better.
Tre: So, when you are ready come out with Britton & Daddy & Me.

Hmm...I think someone has caught onto my pep talks.
What a sweet boy. He has such a sensitive heart.

When I was finished having the pity party of the year rod had Britt in his arms. He extended his other arm & gave me a hug (I am 100% certain he was thinking---oh no pregnancy hormones!!!) As Rod is hugging me close to he and Britt, Britt spits out his choo-choo and gives me a big juicy kiss on the forehead!

Now..if a sweet comforting talk from your 3 year old, a snuggle from your hubby and a smooch from your baby doesn't pull you out of it...I don't know what will. Needless to say things looked up after that.
It just started out as one of those days, but ended in counting my blessings! A perfect ending to a perfectly chaotic day!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is too sweet! I teared up a little (could be my pregnancy hormones). I can't wait to have a sweet little boy of my own. Congratulations on boy #3. I'm sure he'll be as cute and sweet as your boys always are!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground