Pages

I am Happy, I am grateful, I am humbled...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My parents, the boys & I arrived in Kentucky yesterday. We were so excited to be home & see Daddy's smile waiting for us! I find that as Rod & I grow in our marriage it is harder to be apart. I love being home. I love having my boys all around me together. I love my humble home & the happy spirit that dwells here. I love this exact moment in my life. The Boys are being difficult & unwilling to settle into sleep, Rod is taking a rest after a fun service project for sister Eddy this morning, & I am taking a moment to write down how I feel. I'm happy & I'm Grateful & I'm humbled.

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help..."
-Thomas S. Monson "An attitude of Gratitude" Ensign May 1992

I AM HAPPY....





I AM GRATEFUL FOR....







I AM HUMBLED BY....

Back row, Left to Right: Sister Sutton, Sister Gibson, My BEAUTIFUL Mother, Me, Tamsyn, LeClaire, Laura, baby Ashton, Jessie, Shelby.
Sitting on Couch, Left to right: Sister Jeppson, Sandy, illie, Jessie & her new baby girl, Little Hyrum, Amy.
On the floor, left to right: Rebecca, Mandy
How cute are these women???


I know that our father in Heaven loves us because of the joys he puts in our lives, & because of the gratitude that follows! Today Rod had the opportunity to serve a sister in the ward by helping to work on her home. He always feels so enriched when working with the priesthood of this ward. We love the ward family, we feel so much love from them. He came back glowing! Happy & grateful for the opportunity to both help sister Eddy build her home, & to learn some skills. What better service is there then the service that makes all happy?! While the men built a home, the sweet women of the ward came together to throw a baby shower. My heart is swelling. I am so humbled by the love they offer each other & me. I have had 2 boys already, so I honestly did not expect to have a shower. We have almost all we need for the pumpkin, but I recieved a shower & It was a blast! They are each such an example to me. I came home with piles of diapers! We are so excited! I feel blessed that my mother was bale to be here for the shower. Her support to me in my early years as a mother are invaluable. She is my guide through these adventures. With diapers, jammies & little socks cluttering my laundry room from the shower it made me think about what a HUGE responsibility it is to raise a boy to love his father in heaven, to want to serve & be a worthy priesthood holder. I am grateful for the example Rod is to my boys, and for the joy such a challenge brings to us each and every day. I'm happy, I'm grateful, & I'm humbled!

1 comment:

Finkleas said...

OHHHH we love you Jen!!!! You do have a good mom, it was nice to see her again.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground