Pages

Camp Outs & Cry Outs...

Friday, October 03, 2008

Bed Time at our house is very predictable.
6:15pm Run bath & lay out jammies. Add just enough bubbles, & prep bottle & beds
6:30pm Splish splash fun in the tub
6:45pm Boys out & dried up & cozied in nighttime attire
6:50pm Story time. Mom reads 3 favorite books
7pm Prayer (most oftened offered by Tre, as he has a monopoly on prayers in our home)
7:05pm Song time. Tre & Mom sing 3 favorite songs & britt conducts
7:10pm Kisses to Britton and sweet dream wishes. lay britt down & Tre scurries out
7:15 Tre sits up with Mom until Britt is asleep, otherwise the monkeys play all night
7:45pm Tre brushes his teeth, uses the potty and tippy toes into bed.
8pm MY FREEDOM! for a while at least.
Which brings me to my point...
BRITTON IS THE WORST SLEEPER EVER!
The sweet boy is a...

He wakes & wakes & wakes & not necessarily to fuss, but to play, or even to throw things (such as blankets, pacifiers) at his sleeping brother. He has the occasion al awakening where he will just sit up and cry until a pacifier is inserted into his mouth & he is layed down & snuggled in. Well, Lets just say these awakening climbed to about 4 a night. This mom was getting Tired. Poor Tre was not sleeping as soundly either with all the commotion created by his night owl brother. With baby to be on the way there is no way we scalters can handle two restless sleepers & a tired big boy. So last night we initiated the cry out. We didn't have to deal with this with Tre. He slept soundly from 4 months onward. He still is a fabulous little sleeper! But our Britt is a different story. With Britt having to cry it out in the boy's room we have blown up an air mattress, pulled out old blankets & made a fun tent for Tre to sleep in. He is loving the...

The tent takes a good portion of our bedroom, but its a fun way to get him to bed. Last night was not very fun for anyone. Britt cried, I cried...but we survived. Its gonna get better. I know that.We anticipate that the cry out/camp out will last all conference weekend. who knows...maybe the camp out will become a conference weekend family tradition! At least until the boys are too big or too cool to have camp outs in mom & dad's room!

I'm thinking Britt will sleep pretty soundly tonight. It was a fun day. I had Tre play hooky. I have been missing him in the mornings...so when he woke up with a bit of asore throat & was a little tired from britt's boisterous screams It was enough for me to keep the boy home. so we played all morning in our jammies, then ate lunch had naps & headed over to the Finklea's home for some fun play time. Tre loves payton, so he was thrilled! Britt loves the different toys & ashton, so he got right to playing when we got there. The boys played hard today so all should sleep well. The guys joined us wives & babies after class got out. Laura once again displayed her domestic talents & made my family a FABULOUS taco salad and this...

Puppy Chow...do you remember this yummy treat from childhood. LOVED IT! still do! It was a perfect ending to a perfect visit with Laura & the kids!

Heres to hoping its a fun night of sound sleeping & sweetest dreams!

4 comments:

Finkleas said...

thanks Jen, but the domestic one here would be you my dear!!!!

Heather said...

Jen- I had to let Ben cry it out too. Uh, it was so hard! I too would sit at the bottom of the stairs and bawl right along with him. Just know that each time will get easier and easier. I will pray for good sleep for you all tonight! Lots of love....

Bingham Fam said...

I share your pain...Brooklyn is impossible with naps and bedtime. I have lost it to crying almost every day so this last week we had to put her on a better schedule with sleeping. And of course it is still not working perfectly. I am sure with her it will take awhile especially since she is classified as a touchy baby and cries if I pick her up before I even tell her I am going to. We had to "Ferberize" Brody too. It only took three days but he has slept pretty good ever since. The only trouble is when we go on vacation and we come home we have to do it again. Good luck. Just remember that the sleepless nights wont last forever someday you will get to rest. At least that is what I keep telling myself. HAHA

Bingham Fam said...

Hey Jenni,
I tagged you on my blog.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground