Pages

The name game

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tre's name came easy to us...Rodney Craig Sclater III. It was something Rod insisted on before he even proposed to me. There was no thought. The boy was conceived with a built-in name. Britty was a bit harder. the names in running for Britton were...Hudson, Nixon, Lincoln, Jackson, Mitchell. I'm sure there were others, but those are the ones that I have written down in a baby name book I have had since Tre was with in. Britton won when we saw Britt's face, but more so when we spent our first moments with him. His little personality was instantly lovable & the name just fit him like a glove! This little guy, I cant help but feel sorry for him. Hes been "baby" for months now. nameless. With the boys we were calling them by name at 21 weeks. Here we are nearly at the threshold of 9 months & still no name. We finally decided it was a bout time to at least compile a favorites list. So here are the contestants for "baby"...

Crew is technically out of the race...but I still ADORE, may I repeat... ADORE that name. But since Rod is not on board for a Crew Sclater, I am throwing this name out into the wild so another can claim it as their own. We are sitting on a preference as I type(but lets face it Rod & I am extremly indescivie & may change our minds upon babies arrival.)...so you'll just have to wait along with us & baby to see which name takes the gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to admit I was the same way with Dyllan. It was the hardest desicion to make ever! and of course you have every name critic with a comment or two!
I was torn between Dyllan and Parker.. so Parker would be my suggestion! good luck..your family is so beautiful I cant wait to see new pics of the new addition :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground