Pages

{before you were big}

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Sweet Tre-Tre,

kisses! I LOVE TRE! 6/18/05
laughing together!
smiles with hippo
So i was remembering Tre as a baby and thougfht i would put some of my favorites up. He was such a peach! playing with something he found in the mud (moments later he ate some mud :) a true little boy)
hat. (tre says hat...except it sounds like had.)
'chasing
Tre was such a ham at the block party--he was deffinitly the entertainment
Tre and Mommy in the early hours at the beach.
a year ago today. wow he has changed..and so has his hair. its so curly now. haha

early stroll om the beach.
Before you were a big boy, you were a baby. My first baby. I thought I was ready for you when you arrived. I had blankets & a wicker basinet, your nursery was ready with beautiful pictures framed carefully. I had shelves of baby books with brightly colored covers. We had diapers, wipes & pacifiers, which later you learned to call your "chooch."







You arrived ahead of schedule by 2 weeks. But I could tell you were up to something & so I had packed my bag for the hospital & waited. not so patiently I might add. I was excited to touch your nose to my cheek & feel your fingers in my palm. I wanted to see your eyes. I have told you the story about how Daddy had to practicaly beg me to go to the hospital because I was not convinced it was "time." Remember I told you I was crawling because I could not walk? Your mom is silly, huh?






When the nurse put you in my arms, I cried (your dad did too, but thats a secret. shh.) I cried hard. You were stunning. your little face was smooshed from being in my tummy, but I thought you were the most gorgeous thing my eyes had ever seen. That moment has not been surpassed yet. the moment I first laid eyes on my child. You will understand one day. I promise. I basked in that moment.






& then they let us take you home.






That is when you, tiny, weet itty-bitty you scared me right out of my boots! You started to cry! What was I supposed to do? Its a good thing your Omah was there. She took you in her arms while I cried over my dinner. She gently wraped you in a blanket & then in another blanket & she bounced you while patting your back softly. You would become still & gently fall into a dream about something magical I am sure.






Omah taught me how to take care of you, but you know who taught me to love you? a baby. A sweet little guy with baby blues. Can you guess who it was? YOU goober! I can even tell you the moment my heart fell for you. some mothers say they fall in love instantly, but truthfully, you & I took a bit of time to become aquainted. but like I was saying...It was 3am & I was feeding you.
I usually turned on a movie so not to fall asleep with you in my arms. I worried a lot about that sort-a thing. I wanted you to be safe & sound always! I think I had princess diaries 2 on. Isnt that embarasing! But thats what I was watching. It was playing ever so quietly in the back ground. You had on a sleeper with little green frogs & your cheeks were the brightest pink to match your nose. anytime you ate you warmed right up turning your face the yummiest shade of blush. I looked down, your eyes were closed. It was dark, but with the glow of the television I could see your long eye lashes. I inspected every little part of you. touched your fingernails, your knockles, your footed feet. & I fell. I fell head over heels in love with you, my son, at 3am when everyone else was sleeping & all the houses on our street were dark & still.






& you know what buddy? I still look at your eye lashes, I still rub your fingers between mine when you let me hold your hand. I still breath you in when we snuggle for a story. yeah, we get crazy at one another here & there, but thats what Moms & sons do. Its okay, because at the end of the day, no matter what, from here to the moon & back, for forever & ever...I love you! Infact...I love you more than I did at 3am while watching Princess Diaries 2. Yup! Its true. I love you! Happy Birthday to my forever baby who looks a lot like a big kid now! You have my Heart T-ster!





love, your crazy-head mom

5 comments:

Amy Houseman said...

i'm all choked up over that sweet post! The love you have for your son is so dear!

Kalen said...

YOU MADE ME CRY!!!! I can't wait for those moments!! Terrified for the moments of panic, but I know those will surpass. :)

Unknown said...

I couldn't stop the tears. Thank you so much for sharing such a tender moment.

Niki said...

I never cry, but you made me tear up!
Your kids are so sweet, you are one amazing mama!

Ava said...

Beautiful journaled memories for your son. I'm a sobbing mess now. My oldest is 7 too. It's so hard to believe so much time has past and how grown up he has become. But I love how he becomes more of a best friend and companion every day. I'm sure you feel the same about your big boy too.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground