Pages

{Dear Tre's Wife,}

Saturday, November 20, 2010

I was given a pink envelope today.
It made me laugh & sigh. Your husband had a
big imagination when he was 5.
He sat at the kitchen table quiet for a long while working.

Inside is a letter & a beautiful necklace decorated with beads, jersey scraps from my sewing kit, & even links from a broken set of handcuffs.

Its for you.

Tre has a plan.

college, mission, you.

He tells me that you wont smoke, because thats gross.
He tells me you will be modest & that you wont wear a bikkini like those girls on the covers at the check out line in Kroger.
He says when you are a mom you will be better then me because you will never say "no" to our grandbabies.
He says you will be pretty.
He says he will take you to the temple because its where families can be together forever.
I know he will find you.

I am excited to give you the pink envelope.
I am excited to see Tre turn red in the face & see your heart swell.

He loves you already. He is a silly boy, already planning his life.

I will keep the envelope in my drawer.

It should lend us all a good laugh one day.

It will move when we move & be ready when he brings you home.

I love you.

Your Mother-in-Law

ps: Ill try not to be too scary! (Try)

6 comments:

allegra said...

you are too cute, jenni. i just love this!!

what a smart, motivated boy. he is so dang cute. i hope he finds someone as great as his mom. cause you're pretty amazing:)

Heather said...

that is adorable. Tre, you are such a sweet little guy. you will make some girl very happy one day.

Mauri said...

i'll be sure to let katelyn know
;-)
you are raising an amazing little man there.
LOVE it!

Ava said...

How precious!

Kalen said...

It's moments like this when I look forward to kids! SO SWEET!

Kim-the-girl said...

This convinces me that Tre is one in a million. So sweet.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground