Pages

{Valentines Day Party}

Friday, February 13, 2009

Tre's pre-school class had a very exciting day!
A Valentines Day Party!
Tre & I had been anticipating this event for weeks.
We arrived at Tre's school with
many marvelous items in tow

hand picked from the flower department
of a local grocery store to deliver to the tiny hands
of each pretty girl in his k-3 class.
to share with all his pals & girlfriends
to let them know how much they are
loved

to be enjoyed during the
refreshment
portion of the fun filled party.


as a contrabution to the goody bags
Ms. shannon always puts together
so well for each holiday

For 3 of Tre's favorite teachers at his school
& one for the sweet director of the school.


This valentines day party took me a week to prepare for.
It was a lot of fun! I started making the gifts for the teachers & director on monday.
Tre & I assembled them.
We bought hand sanitizer &
clear paper quotes to glue on the de-labeled soap bottles.
Once the glue dries the paper becomes transparent
& just the words & stickers can be seen
(in the picture above the glue was still very much wet.)
We then wrapped the finished & festive bottles in
polk-a-dot fabric & tied it all with pretty ribbon.
We attached a note that read...
"loving me can be dirty work!
Thank you!
I love you, Tre Sclater"



I took pictures of Tre & made a photo colage of our
cutie-pie for his valentines.
Ms. shannon had requested I make cookies
for the event so I made two kinds.
peanutbutter surprise cookies &
cakey chocolate hearts with powdered sugar.
YUMMY!
The night before the party I was crafting &....
The hours the preperation required was well worth it!
Tre came out of the school with a huge smile
& with chocolate smudges on his little chin.
He carried in his hands a huge bag filled with treats & love letters.


But the day was only 1/2 over....

We had more fun awaiting us at the Whiting's home!
Tamsyn made a yummy lunch & the kids played

all over the house & outside for a bit.

There were even goody bags to be had! What a fun & fancy lunch!

Needless to say we are all pretty tuckered out after all the

playing & sugar

bedtime was welcomed with sleepy eyes & longing for pillows.




For the first time I really get Valentines Day.

What a great celebration! I love that my little boy felt so loved by his friends & teachers. I love that he walked out of school carrying a bag of sweet notes to him. I can only imagine that my little guy felt so much love & confidence today.

Who doesnt like to be told they are loved?

Speaking of love....I am in love with the fact that I have 4 very adorable & handsome valentines !

Now this momma needs some sleep!

Have a happy valentines day!

hugs & kisses from the sclater guys & me!


2 comments:

marie said...

Beautiful!
Happy Valentine's
Love, Mom and Dad

Kim-the-girl said...

You are simply amazing! Have a great day!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground