Pages

{Brave boys}

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Sclater boys are
brave!
Thursday, we had a doctors appointment.
big guy Tre & little baby Maddox
both were scheduled to recieve vacinations.
2 boys & 9 shots.
I was scared! not brave at all.
but we made it threw...


Tre was such a trooper! The boy will cry at the drop of a hat at home, but never about the really big typical scary things. this 4 year old was thuroughly spoken to about what to expect at the appointment. mommy told it like it is. I told him it would hurt, & that i would hug him the entire time so tight. I told him it was perfectly normal & perfectly okay to cry. Did he cry? NOT A TEAR! On the 3rd shot he looks up at me & says calmly..."okay, i think im done now." The laughter just about exploded out of me. I had to compose myself for shot #4. He pulled on his own pants after & then reached into my diaper bag for the surprise/distraction I had brought as back up. He dug into the skittles (a special treat!) & happily munched while his itty bitty brother was unaware & undressed for his round. Maddox, who is rarely smiley chose the moments before his shots to be happy. "GREAT!" I thought. "you choose this moment to be happy, so when you start to cry my heart can shatter." & it did, into a million tiny pieces. Maybe if he had already been crying or fussing it wouldnt have been so bad...or maybe it still would have been just awful...like it always is. Maddox eyes searched my face despretly. His eyes were so wide, I really worried he would strain them too much. He calmed after a snuggle, then I returned him to the saftey of his car seat. My boys did great. I was worried how I would console Tre & hold Maddox for his shots...but it ended up not being an issue. Tre is one tough cookie! What Britt doesent know is his turn is just 2 weeks away...that appointment will be my WORST! He is my little sweetheart...& is always smiling. To see him cry in pain will be awful! But us mommys know...its for the best!
right?!?

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground