Pages

{The Sclaters Celebrate Valentines Day}

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Most of today was spent with my littlest valentines.
Rod was at the school studying.
I would be telling a big fat fib if I said it was a great day.
It actually was one of those...
I really miss my husband days.
I am grateful for all his hard work in preparing for his career & our future. His determination & sacrifice is a great valentines day gift for all of us at the home front.
Because I was having a rough morning with the kids I decided to break out the
craft basket.
we got out our scissors, stickers and brightly patterned paper.
After some snipping & sticking
we had a lovely pile of reasons we love the big man of the house!



{yup that's right..the word sexy is on my side door, & in this picture with my Innocent little Tre.}




These sentiments welcomed Rod home after a full day of books on campus.
These hearts (including the questionable one)
also welcomed our friends as they arrived to
play.
After a bit of play with the Finkleas & Whitings
we got in our cars to go out to eat for valentines day.


We stayed in town & ate at a Mexican Restaurant. We had

8 kids amongst 5 adults.

Our table was busy busy busy! I am grateful for our friends here. I love that we share holidays & special events with each other.











After a busy meal of chasing & feeding when we arrived home we enjoyed some family play time before bedtime. I really love my family. They give more to me then I could ever give to them. This morning I was awoke by Tre standing at my bedside asking if it was play time yet. I don't know about you, but 5am is NOT play time! But he was awake, & over the monitor I could hear Britt stirring, & Maddox was squeaking a bit from the corner of our room. I don't know why I was so bothered by the early wake up call..the 5 o'clock hour is common here, but I was on the verge of tears...just plain old tired after a long night with my little sick-o, Maddox. I went out to retrieve Britt from his crib with Tre tagging a long & Maddox in arms. I got everyone a juice cup & a banana & started the day. I sat on the floor next to the heat vent (my usual spot...I'm always chilled!) & began to nurse Maddox. Rod called for the boys to come to the bedroom. When they returned

each boy carried a fist full of bright red beads.

Tre put the necklace around my neck while Britt attempted to do the same with a bracelet. Who could be tired & teary when your wearing bright red funky jewelry?! It was so sweet, & really got me back on my feet to take on the day. They bring smiles to my day just when I need them the most.










Rods back to the books & I am going to watch some sappy chic flix while the babies snooze sweetly. We Hope your valentines day was sweet & full of hugs & kisses!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground