Pages

{Thats Amore!}

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Nothing says I love you like...




Valentines day is coming! (are you ready?)


I was. Until the darn UPS guy dropped off a brown papered package from JCREW while I was with 2 of the 3 boys at the doctors office. Rod figured out what I had purchased & the gig was up!

Rod has wanted a watch for just about as long as I have known him (thats 8 1/2 years for those keeping track) he wants an omega (thats around $1,000 for those keeping track) we obviously cant afford a watch that is as lovely as an omega, so Rod found a very nice watch at a reasonable price on line at JCREW.

He thought a watch would be handy during rotations (which is 4 months away for those keeping track.) So I thought I finaly had the perfect love day gift for my selfless husband. I tallied it up & thought of all the things I could cut out of january& february's budget to pay for it. I was going to skip my hair appointment, forgo the night stands Rod had okayed, and a few other things. I was excited! I was anxious to see his face when he opened the little silver box tied with red satin ribbon. I was counting down the days to valentines. & then I returned from the appointment with babies in arms...and he greets me with a. "what did you do?" & I immidaitly geta all telling smile on my face (because the tears of disapointmnet havent arrived yet." So now the stipulation is this...Rod will only keep his valentines gift from me If I can think of something I want. I know what I want (Rod, you listening? i love you) heres some ideas...
#1) A saturday morning in our jammies with the kids, without rush to get you to the school or the books. (I realize thats a HUGE request. I do. I know medicine is a lot harder to digest then a twilight saga. ha)
#2) A shower in the morning. (Again, A tall order concidering you like to be at school by 6:30am.)
#3) A night with fondue (like we use to do) & a movie we both will enjoy. You are always so eager to let me watch any movie with the words princess or happily or girl in it, & I am grateful, but its much more fun when I know you are enjoying it too.
#4) Help organizing my blasted email. good grief its out of hand. It needs a bit of love from the delete button.
#5) Continuing to help me with my evening runs. I think we both know I am happier when Im not carrying around these extra pounds. that hour in the evening you give me to run means the world to me! So if you could keep giving me that hour Id be thrilled beyond belief.
okay theres some ideas. I know all of them require time..which you have little of...but you said Youll only keep you gift If i find something of equal value for love day...these are equal in my eyes. So, get to work...pick one & Ill be happy this valentines day!
I love Rod! (for those keeping track)

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground