Pages

The new kid on the block

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The new kid on the block was blessed today.
I have dressed two other baby boys in the same tiny white outfit. I have slipped little white socks on 20 toes before. I have wrapped two other little guys in a white blanket. I have bowed my head in prayer 2 other times. I have heard my sweet husbands words bless two of my sons. But for some reason, Today was different.Today I could truly feel the presence of priesthood authority as the righteous men of our ward stood in a circle around our Maddox, each lightly touching him. I wondered as I sat & the ward bowed their heads if they were bouncing him to keep him from crying. Were his eyes open or closed? If I knew my son I knew they were open. Maddox is awake more then he is asleep, he wants to see everything, never wants to miss a moment.This special occasion was no different. The blessings spoken to Maddox were beautiful.
After the blessing was ended & the men began to go their ways to their seats, I watched as Rod held up our newest son for the congregation to see. I heard the coos & the awes, but I was preoccupied with the thickness of the spirit & the sudden weight of the responsibility I have been blessed with. 1.2.3. Baby boys. 1.2.3. young men. 1.2.3. priesthood holders. 1.2.3.missionaries. 1.2.3. husbands. 1.2.3.daddys. & IM OUT NUMBERED! How is 1 mommy supposed to prepare a tiny army of valiant & righteous men? What if I dont teach the right way or encourage the things I should while discouraging the things i need to? What if I dont tell them I love them enough? What if I am too hard on them? What if I give them too much wiggle room? (What if I never have a girl?) What if one tries to do it on his own, how bad would my heart hurt? All these what ifs were sloshing around in my mind. Then I looked at the new baby Rod had returned to my arms then to our big boy Tre & our rambunctious Britty & felt peace. I feel that heavenly father knows me & thus knows that my efforts as a mommy to these boys will be enough. I know that 1.2.3. baby boys will someday recognize the warmth that swells in their hearts when we speak of our savior & they will be converted just as their daddy & just as their mommy were converted...& when that day comes I will know my job (no matter how tricky) was fulfilled. That Tre, Britton & Maddox chose their Father in Heaven & all the glory that goes along with it!





3 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful day for your family and what sweet, loving words you speak, Jen. Your a great mom with 3 amazing little boys. Congrats on your big day, Maddox!

marie said...

Hi all,
Doesn't Maddox look so peaceful and happy knowing that his day would be filled with love and prayers. Jenni and Rod look great too. Missing all of you already.
God Bless All!
Mom and Dad
p.s. Jenni you are a WONDERFUL Mom.

Mauri said...

oh...crying.
it's true, and I know with the Lord's helpwe can raise our children to be valent children of God.
by the way - you are an inspiration to me.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground