Pages

{School Break Mistake!}

Monday, March 30, 2009

I made a pretty big mistake last week.
Rod & I had checked & double checked & triple checked
the online calendar for Tre's school.
It said spring break was the 24th, 25th, & 26th...
pretty random we thought..but we went along with it.
This morning I put T in his school uniform, zipped up his jacket
& put on his back pack. packed his snack & quarter for his milk (remember when milk cost 10 cents?) & I put all the boys in the car.
as we pull up to the school..I see a ghost town.
not a car, not a teacher, not a crossing guard or kid in sight.
OH NO!
So I return home with 3.
put the babies down for a nap & look
in Tre's school folder from September to find the yearly calendar.
in bold print I read-
"spring break: March 30th - April 2nd"
Well..now what?
I got out my little (actually its rather large) pre-school activity book & stickers
and schools in session....
Photobucket

3 comments:

marie said...

Oh, I wish we knew that earlier because you could have stayed longer. Don't worry because Tre is very smart and I'm sure he did not miss much.

Mauri said...

ok...so I did a "oh great" moment once and booked a flight for the day after thanksgiving instead of the day before and completly missed thanksgiving at the in-laws... but meybe that was a subconscious mix up :)

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh Mauri! ha ha. That's too Hilarious! Glad to see I'm not alone!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground