Pages

{announcing the arrival of...}

Friday, March 06, 2009

The flu!
Urghhh! Really?! Again?! Come on! I feel certain that the sclaters have fulfilled their illness quota this winter. Someone is messing with the figures!
I am still dragging along with a fever or 102.7 & all the sensational symptoms of your every day flu virus. (although it doesn't feel too common when your living with it.) Since my first symptoms reared their ugly heads I have been fervently praying that the boys (Rod included) would be protected from my nastiness. Praying endlessly I tell ya! Even tonight as I lay the big boys down to bed, we all bowed our heads (even Britt folded his little hands tonight) & (as it was my turn for night night prayers) I began to plea (maybe even beg.) that specifically Britton would not receive the gift of my flu. Now...I understand that bugs in childhood help make children stronger in the long run, I get that..but I don't Like it...NOT ONE LITTLE BIT! I had just finished nursing Maddox & laying him down to sleep when I heard sobs of distress from the big boy room. I ran, & sure enough my poor baby britty was on fire. I cuddled the sleepy boy until he pointed to his bed in request to be returned.
So thats 2 out of 5! Whose next? any guesses?
My bets are on Tre since Britt is a cup thief & shares all his big brother's things. So if by chance you find yourself thinking about this momma & her brood...
say a little prayer that it will stop at 2.
I go to get out the Lysol now.
(& again the flu foils our temple trip! geez-o-pete!)

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

SO SORRY!!!! Good luck!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground