Pages

{The Crew }

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

These little faces are my sons' friends.
I am so grateful they have these sweethearts
to play, scream, run, dance, jump...& even fight with.
This is the Crew.
Photobucket
Photobucket
is there any question that my children love Ms. Laura?!
Photobucket
Today we went to the Finklea's home.
We love going out there!
Laura made her yummy Taco Soup...I am still wanting more!
& The kids played.
We waited until the elementary school across the way got out for the afternoon
& then we got the kids ready & in strollers
to take them to the playground at the school.
Just as soon as the babies were buckled in
& big kids on climbed on their scooters & bikes
it began to rain.
We let the kids wiggle in the sprinkles for a little while
then inside we all reluctantly went
to watch a movie (or at least 5 minuets of it.)
with cookies & cadbury chocolates.
The boys had a blast &
I just love my friends Laura & Tamsyn.
So much so we are doing it all over again at our place tomorrow!
My Turn!
__________________________

As of late Tre is all about complaining & points out what he doesn't have or doesn't like.
"Im too Hot, Im too cold, Im too itchy,
Im hungry
(even though he just ate 3 snacks in a row)
Im tired, Im not sleepy, Im antsy,"...on & on...
I realize its bordem & give him a task when this dialogue starts.
But Its been on going.
So tonight at bedtime I decided Tre & I needed a heart to heart.
I told him of all the things that make me happy (him included of course)
I had looked up a story about happiness
in the "Friend" (a magazine for young children that our church distributes)
& read it at bedtime to Tre & Britty.
Are You Happy?
I explained To Tre (& my slightly distracted
1 year old) That happiness
is not always affected by what you have or dont have.
You can look for things to make you happy just like the farmer.
So then I asked T to tell me all the things that make him happy.
He could have gone on & on.
I told him that when he feels grumpy & unhappy,
He can think of all the happy things in his day.
I am a firm believer that
you can be happy with anything you are delt.

you just have to choose to be.

& so Tre & I wraped up our bedtime bonding with hugs & kisses.
On our counter on a tile reads:
"In all of life have much fun & laughter. Life is to be enjoyed.
not just endured."

President Hinckley, I couldnt agree more.





5 comments:

Jenni said...

why is my font so dang big? haha. IO have tried to correct it 100 times. I guess my blog likes this post. haha)

Kim-the-girl said...

Ethan just said, "That kid looks like his dad!" When he saw Tre. Do you get that much? Being in school together is SUCH an awesome bonding time with friends, I kinda miss it. Thank goodness for blogs and email and free long distance! Of course, there are always good/fun people around, you just get to have more friends and keep adding to "the crew"

marie said...

Love the picture with all the kids watching the movie. What movie was it?

The Holler Hinckleys said...

That looks like lots of fun with the kids.
And your bedtime idea will be next weeks FHE Lesson... So, Thanks!!!

Hill Family said...

I hope we get to see you soon! Looks like you guys have lots of fun!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground