Pages

{Birthday boys!}

Thursday, March 05, 2009

My father & Grandfather share a birthday!
So today is a doubly special day!


My father was a super involved father. helped with science projects & was t-ball coach, took me to ballet & even helped braid my hair now & again. He was the go-to-guy when I was sick at night & would stay up all night by my side even if I was fast asleep. He was my favorite shopping partner...because lets be honest I was daddy's princess & I could get more out of him. ha. We had a house rule about finishing our milk at meals. We couldn't get up till the last drip was gone. On more then one occasion my dad would swig the ends of our milk so we could get up & play (but dont tell my mom. haha) When I was a baby we took a tumble down a big flight of icy stairs. He hugged me tight & made himself into a protective ball as we tumbled down stair after stair. When we got to the bottom my dad feared the worst, but inside his jacket came giggles. & from my mouth came "Again!" My dad was a sleep walker...one night he ran into my bedroom slung me under his arm, was yelling for my mom to get in a door way as he bolted to my brother's bedroom to grab him from his slumber. He was certain their was an earthquake...in New Hampshire. haha. One fathers day my brother & I thought my dad could use a hose down. we chased him for hours with a hose. now I realize that may not have been his dream come true. haha. He was always such a sport. As children brad & I played pranks as teens we tried to get him going, particularly at the dinner table. Some of my funniest & fondest memories are of my dad! Happy Birthday Dad! I just love you!! We all do!


My grandfather is the sweetest guy around. Growing up we loved visiting them. When my grandparents lived on the pond we would go out on the paddle boat or canoe & look for turtles & frogs & fish. During the winter we went ice skating. Those were some of my favorite times. My grandfather makes a killer american chop-Sui. Mothers day was always greeted with om lets made by the men. My grandfather used to take myself, brother & cousins outside to play on the power wheels they kept at the house for play. My grandfather loves bird watching & knows everything there is to know. I remember listening to loon calls growing up. My grandfather was very ill when I was in middle school. He fought & fought. & He is the strongest guy around. I really love my grandfather! The boys do too, & Rod loves talking politics with them!
Happy Birthday! We love you both!
(& now I go crawl into layers & layers of blankets. This flu has go a hold on me. My poor babies had to see their mommy fall to pieces today. those fever aches are the worst around! heres to hoping I kick it before the ward temple trip on saturday in Nashville!!)

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground