Pages

Saturday's Soirée

Saturday, September 13, 2008

So I'm again skipping story Saturday, I promise It will be back!
Rod & I decided to host a little dinner party tonight. NOW when I say dinner party I am not referring to adults sitting around a table. Oh No, I'm referring to adults getting up & down, up & down from the table to get more lemonade, or another fork, or a napkin for a little one. We had a blast! Dinner just isn't dinner with out getting up and down from ones seat every 2 minuets. We invited the Finklea family & the Scott family over. Tre was just too excited to have both Payton & Ben over at the same time. The festivity preparation started rather late in the day as it was a moment of spontaneity on our part to have people over tonight. Rod left his studies early & came home to take Tre to the grocery store to get all the necessary supplies. It was huge help to me that he came home to help me get this party under way. While Britt finished his afternoon nap me & the belly mopped the hardwood & wrote out recipes. My big strong Sclaters returned & the cooking got under way.

on the menu:
Summer Zucchini grilled chicken spaghetti with fire roasted tomatoes
Mini French bread pizzas for the little dinner guests
Garden Salad
Lemonade (always lemonade on a hot day!)
and for dessert:
Strawberry peach pie
Peanut butter cheesecake bars

Did I ever mention I LOVE cooking? I love it! I do it as much for my self as for my sweet family! It realy gives me a sense of accomplishment. Not to mention I love wearing aprons. ha. I feel so domestic. I tend to get more kisses from my guy when I am wearing one. I think he finds them endearing.

Our guests arrived & the kids jumped into the playroom head first. I love the sound of Tre's little feet chasing after his friends. Our house is historic (that's my nice way of saying ancient.) & so the set up is kind-a unique. there is an area of our house where the kids can run in a circle from room to room to room...and boy do they run! The kids had a blast, the mommy's caught up, & the Dads watched the BYU game. (We sclaters are thrilled that they won! Go Cougars! as a side- Rod is teaching Tre the fight song.) We ate, chased away some tears, encouraged sharing, cleaned up spills, watched the Dads with all 6 kids, & really had a fun time. I feel so blessed to have such great friends & that our kids play so well together. Our dinner party was a success.

For those of you who did not know...today was... PRINCESS JENNI DAY! Yup, I got to sleep in till 7, rather then 5. Rod got up with Britt this morning, which I have never expected or asked of him. He works so hard at school so I know he can use all the rest he can get. & I got flowers from both Rod & the boys for no other reason then they love me & sweet heather gave me the darn sweetest pot of daisies you will ever see! What did I ever do to deserve such fabulous people in my life?!



No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground