Pages

Sclater book review...

Thursday, September 18, 2008





"No Jumping on The Bed!"
By: ted Arnold
Tre says: "Walter is pretty naughty. He jumps on his big boy bed & it crashes through his floor. He should not be naughty. Im not Naughty. Im a good boy today. Right mommy?"
Britton says: (Translation provided by Mom) "The pictures in this book are fun to play I spy with. But on a more personal note: I jump in my crib, in attempt to get out of it. I think I'll have it mastered in a few weeks."


"Bad Dog Marley!"
By: John Grogan
Tre says: "Marley wants to be a good dog. But he ruins everything EVERYTHING! But He is a good dog and saves baby Louis. Marley likes cake too."
Britton says: (Translation provided by Mama) " Mom is pretty good at making the diffrent voices. hey mom can we get a dog? Ill take him for walks. I promise!"


"The Little Engine That Could"
By: Watty Piper
Tre says: "The pages are bright & happy & The blue engine was a big big helper. She likes to say "I thought I could over & over. And she did."
Britton says: (again a translation) "This is one of my all time favorite books to rip pages from."




Reading is never risk free. this poor book was a martyr for the cause of our afternoon of page flipping.



Tre's school update...
I want to remember all the fun things T-man tells us when he gets back to our arms after his morning away at pre-school. Some fun things he is learning...
1) Patriotism. He says the pledge, and sings God Bless America
2) Verse Memorization. Each week he brings home a memory verse. We put it on our fridge and each time we pass it we practice the verse. The boy has a great memory
3) How to use scissors...& not draw blood
4) Proper glue usage...does NOT include placing it in...lets say..your brother's hair.
5) How to stay out of the "sad seat", or in Tre's case...how to get placed in it. Our little brute has been on the "sad seat" 2 times in the last month. dear dear Tre, what will we do with you. You are all Boy & theres not a darn thing we can do about it!
6) how to spell & recognize basic words
7) How to be a friend. "To have a friend, you have to BE afriend." Says Tre. I think he got that from "Yo Gabba Gabba" and not school. That ones still undecided.
8) Not to pick his nose. He came home one day and says. "YOu know Mommy. Buggers are not for dinner!" and proceeds to sing a little diddy all about it. Thank you Miss Shannon for teaching our son the most bazaar song I have ever heard.
9)Bible stories. Today Tre got in the car and as always I say "Oh Tre-bear I missed you so much! Did you miss me? blah blah blah. What fun things did you do with your friends today?" and he says "We learned a VERY special bible story about a baby!Can you guess the babies name mommy?" I say "Baby Jesus?!" he says "Noooooo Mommy, I already know that story. Baby Moses is the baby's name!" He explained the entire story in 3 year old terms & it reminded me that this school is good for him. So yeah theres no Book of Mormon, but thats what home & church are for!
10) How to go to school looking nice and spiffy in his uniform & come out with dirt and juice everywhere with his shirt untucked & shoe laces untied. I actually love it. I love seeing that face filthy and smiling after our 3 hours apart. I love the way he runs and trips into my arms.
So...I had said this school was getting a trial run from us for a month, and then Id evaluate the situation. Im thinking this was a great choice for our little guy.

1 comment:

Hill Family said...

Jenni,

very cute! I look at your blog practically every day just to get great ideas! We should have a kid book group (he he he) I would love to hear 3 and 4 year olds review books together

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground