Pages

Guest chef in the Sclater kitchen

Monday, September 22, 2008









Rod had a round of tests just finish, just in time for another round to start...but before they do we took advantage of today and had some fun, & got some house work done. We (by we I mean my sweet husband) pulled some bushes out for me that were just driving me crazy in the yard. He also painted my yard sale find, which is really exciting, because I wasn't sure how i was going to get all that done with the boys at my feet. On top of that he had already decided to give me and the dishwasher the night off by getting Chinese for us. It was fun! The boys ate noodles & rice till their tiny tummies content! Rod is such a great help to me!! I just love that guy to pieces!

The missionaries stopped by also. Now, let me first say I love & appreciate each and every young man & woman who so willingly serves our father in heaven! Its just that some missionaries are simply driven & love the gospel with such sincerity that it shows in all they say. (this is where I brag....) I know my husband was that kind of missionary, because he is that kind of man! I know he used every moment of his 2 year service to the Lord with steadfast faith & sacrifice, it has stayed with him & he continues to serve whenever & wherever! I think both Rod & I were thrown for a loop with the new set of missionaries assigned to this area. THEY ARE FABULOUS! we had a great visit & then right as they were ending their visit Elder Martz says "we wont be back unless you invite us to share a message with a friend." HOW GREAT IS THAT?!? I cannot even begin to explain how many missionaries have sat on our couch just chatting while they could be finding those souls who are prepared!! Do not misunderstand me, we love the visits, but we love knowing that missionaries are using their time wisely! With the missionaries we talked about a story Elder Bednar shared about a set of missionaries who stayed in his home too long. Before they left, they asked Elder Bednar if he knew anyone who they could share the gospel with. Elder Bednar said that he would not trust them with his friends. That they waisted much of their night in his home, and urged them to use their time better! What a great challenge! Rod & I were so excited! Watch out southern Kentucky!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground