Pages

Bake Sale Mama

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Milk money for snack in his lunch box, absent notes to teachers, artwork on the fridge, baking up a storm for fundraising. Tre's first school year is a few weeks in, and I'm feeling like a mom of such a grown boy. Some days I watch the clock tick from 8:30-11:30. Those three hours with out Tre are quiet. He is so full of energy, and when he leaves our home he brings it all with him. I will say that Britt & I have bonded even more then I would have ever imagined! Our one on one time is invaluable!!! That boy & I can laugh & laugh. He thinks I am hilarious (boy do i have him fooled.) & He is my clown. The boys were up EXTREMELY early this morning. So we had some time to waist before Tre headed off to school. Anyone up to a game of Simon Says?




When I looked in Tre's back pack for any goodies on Monday there was a notice of a bake sale and a call to all parents to send treats in with the kids on Thursday morning. The remainder of Monday, all Tuesday, all Wednesday I thought & thought about what to make. Should I go simple & make my go-to chocolate chip cookies? I battled with myself over this decision. I could go easy, after all I was behind on laundry & the fridge needed a good scrub out. But NO! I had to do it right. I knew myself better then that. I knew I would spend all Thursday regretting sending in plain ol' cookies. And so with the kids in bed, chocolate melting on the stove & cake crumbled I got to work. One by one I finished all 32 pops. With the engineering ingenious of my husband We made a three level display in a pot that once housed the kids letter magnets. I proudly took my display from the freezer this morning. It survived the whole trip to school without a fall or a bump. When we pulled up to the school yard I placed it gently on the hood of our car so I could free Britt from his car seat. As I shut the door a little too firmly the pot began to slide. My super hero of the day, the school traffic director, sprung into action. He caught the pot just in time. MY HERO! With Tre's hand in one hand, Britt in arm, and a pot of 32 yummy treats neatly tied with ribbon, I proudly marched into the school to drop of my sweet boy & our sweets. Heres to hoping the bake sale is a success.
&
Heres some additional photos of my big strong boys being boys for your viewing pleasure...but mostly for mine!I just love these faces!



Look at that baby move! Yay Britt!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay Jenn! What a cute treat for someone! You rock sister!!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground