Pages

Only Good Boys Are Invited!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Things have gotten out of hand here at the sclater house. Our Tre has become quite the sassy pants with attitude to boot. I had exhausted every single form of parenting known to man & NOTHING was working. So if you can't beat 'em...JOIN 'EM! Okay, so were not all becoming sassy, but Rod & I decided to stop for a moment & just have fun with the boys. No more pulling our hair out...instead lets have a teaching moment disguised as a party. So today I quickly put together the most pathetic excuse for a party. We entitled the party "The Good Boy Party" & ONLY good boys were invited! ONLY good boys got gifts, & ONLY good boys received treats. Call it a bribe, But Ill call it an excuse to stop the tears (those being mine. haha)& just have fun with my fabulous guys!










So let me explain. I had planed a super yummy chicken & artichoke sauce over pasta with goasted potatoes & sauted geenbeans in red peppers...with a dessert of homemade race track cake when we had a little bit of....

That would be a picture of my right hand after having stitches put in it today. Turns out its not such a hot idea to try to squish a trash bag with sharp open cans in it into a trash bin. YIKES! I went to pick up Rod from school with a bloody dish rag, he took a peek & brought me to the clinic at the med school. His professor sewed me up & sent me on my way with a prescription of perkisat. So rather then my lovely dinner we had frozen pizza and cup cakes Tre picked out at the grocery store. We had a lot of fun as a family. We flushed the "naughties" down the toilet...you do this by coughing them out of your belly in to a tissue and flushing them down the potty. WORKED LIKE A CHARM! My husband is one clever guy! We played a "is it nice or naughty to...???" game. Of course Tre won:) & We played with new toys & read new books & just laughed & smiled! It was a welcomed change from the ordinary evenings of fits & time outs. I guess we need more cake & parties in our life!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Jenn--- I hope your thumb feels better. Ouch! What a cute idea for a party and encouraging good behavior. Looks like fun!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground