Pages

{slower}

Monday, April 02, 2012

When we were not watching General Conference via cable, we were outside sitting on the curb with neighbors while kids fought with light sabers, rode scooters much too fast down hills & ate ice cream from the ice cream truck. The evenings were the type of evenings with a slight breeze, pink & fiercely orange sunsets, & no bugs out. the kind of evening that makes you slow down.
Between the words of our prophet & these past couple summer like evenings I have found myself encouraged to stop & see & feel the moments. Its been said that someday i will long for those moments i step on a lego or spend 45 minuets hunting for a toddler's left shoe. sooo...with that I decided to try something new-ish this weekend. I plan to do it again next spring conference & the next. I had the boys fill out a questionnaire. I imagine as the years pass & their testimonies deepen that their answers will be more heartfelt, but for now they let me a) remember when they were just wee sclaters & how simple little ones are & b) kind-a refocus what we need to be teaching in Family Home Evenings. apparently some things are not hitting home. ;) What has hit home this weekend is that I want to take more time to sing made up songs about blue bikes that go a bit like this "Trreeee...ddooo yyooouuu llliikkkeeee bbblluuueee bbbiiikkkeeesss??" in my best opera voice until everyone's sides hurt from belly laughs. I want to listen to hours & hours of chit chat about ninjas. I want to slow it down to a crawl & not freak the heck out of there is a dirty dish in the sink or a toy on the floor in the front room.


Photobucket
Conference in buzz under-roos.... why not?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tre's...
Photobucket

Britton's answers. he was too preoccupies to write his own answers. He dictated, I scribbled.
Photobucket

Maddox.....
Photobucket
T-sters...
Photobucket

Britty's....
Photobucket

Maddox...wanted me to draw his answers. He likes to watch "artists" at work. Im so talented!
Photobucket

Brittster...our lego builder extrodanaire built the temple, complete with the angel Moroni and ninjas guarding the door. Always with the ninjas... He is pretty amazing!
Photobucket

Another piece displaying my mad art skills.... but really. I love my family. I was able to take the little ones out for some stroller walks this weekend (all while dying of heat stroke.) & while I pushed, they were lulled to sleep by the bumps in the side walk & hum of passing cars. It was quiet & I felt love for my eternal family from my head to my toes. goose bumps & all.
Hope your conference weekend allowed for some slower moments too.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Such a sweet post... I wish our Conference weekend had been more open to slowing down, but alas, we had an open house and were stressing out! But its over now! Thanks for sharing your sweet love for your kids again. It inspires me to be a better mom!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground