Pages

{the appointment}

Friday, April 05, 2013








We made it.
I held my breath for about a month.
Monday Cooper finally had his opthamology appointment.
For weeks I have been eager to get answers.
(this is what I am talking about. click here.

The Doctor was loud & wonderful. 
Cooper was terrefied of him & his lunchbox of light toys.
But I knew right away that he was going to be great.
He did not leave any rock unturned & was very detailed in his examination.
I left knowing that he has the baby's best interest in mind.
There had been rumbling of MRIs. Rod & I wanted to avoid that. The Doctor did too. 

so here is what he said.
in 4 points.
1) His optic nerve is small. which can lead to many issues. But with that he is still very little so its a wait & see game at this point. 
2) His vision is immature. basically...his tracking is slow, but again...I am confident he can play catch up! (our babies are typically lazy babies. not meeting milestones is not new to us.) 
3) His vision is blurred, & again...we will reevaluate in a few months.
4) He has astigmatism. However again...he can outgrow that.

all great news to us! 
I am sure his vision will only get better & better as he continues to chunk up & grow up!
(he is easily our smallest in birth weight, but biggest 4 month old! he is hhuugggeee.) 

He is the sweetest baby. 
loves to have his cheeks rubbed & loves to put my hair in his face.
still loves holding hands & loves to be held facing me with my arms tight about him. He still prefers momma & is not a fan of being passed off. He started giggling yesterday. 
He is a darling darling baby.

next week its audiology.



4 comments:

marie said...

I love seeing Cooper sitting up! Cooper is a beautiful baby boy that brings sunshine to any room on a cloudy day :-) Love you Cooper xxoo

allegra said...

you are so stinking cute. and tiny! how did that darling body push out all those cute babies? Anyway, you're amazing and a wonderful mom! He is a cutie and resembles Maddox a little. I am sure things will only continue to get better! I'm glad you're optimistic and have a great attitude.

Love the build a bear pics. Such fun grandparents!

Amber P. said...

I'm so happy for this news! You've been on my mind and in my prayers. Hoping for the same goodness from the audiology appt.

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh I have been thinking and praying for you and baby Cooper too! I'm so happy to hear such a positive report!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground