Pages

{Take one}

Sunday, November 06, 2011



My friend Aimee is a rather fabulous cook. So fabulous infact that she has been preparing for days for a thanksgiving test run. SAY WHAT?! who does that?! Aimee. thats who. It just goes to show that those who go the extra mile have greater success..even with Thanksgiving Dinner. Thad got up bright & early to get the bird smoking in his big daddy smoker. He even used cherry wood. Yes please! Aimee prepared the rest! My whimpy contrabutions were rolls, muffins & green beans. Everything was delightful! with that said... I am going to change your lives FOREVER! you will want to make these sweet potatoes for November 24th! TRUST ME! I could have died happy after tasting this dish. Happy! Here is the recipe as given to me by lovely Aimee T. :

3C. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1/2C butter
1C sugar
1tsp. vanilla
1/3C milk
1Tbs. OJ from frozen concentrate.
1tsp. Cinnamon
1/2tsp. nutmeg

Mix all above ingredients & Pour in to a 9x13 pan.
let sit while you prepare the topping.

For the topping:
1C. brown sugar
1/3C butter
1/2C flour
1C. crushed pecans (optional)

Sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes. & bake at 350 degrees for 35 min.
prepare yourself for the most wonderful thing ever!

Thanks Aimee!

The kids crashed after lots of turkey & playtime.

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That sounds super yummy!

Ava said...

Yum! We just had turkey and all the fixings with friends last weekend. So delicious! I like you're new blog header and the chevron tabs on the side. I don't know where you find all the cool stuff for your blog. I still remember the frames you had when I first started reading your blog. I loved those! You'll have to share your secrets. Maybe I'd actually get back into blogging again. ;)

Tamsyn said...

Oh yum!!! I think I will have to try it out!! I hope you know that I am also jealous of your friends there...I want my Jen back!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground