Pages

{blue bike}

Friday, November 25, 2011

Before bed Wednesday night Rod, my father, & T put together a blue bike. Maddox has been saying the words "blue bike" every day atleast 25 times for the past 2.5 months. Thats a whole lot of "blue bike." I suppose he wanted us to know he meant it. I tied a red bow on it & we all climbed into our beds ready for the holiday.



Morning came & Maddox kept business as usual. Up long before everyone else, & long before the sun. we tip toed down stairs & started in on making donuts for breakfast & parade viewing. Rod & I placed a candle in his donuts & we all sang to our Maddox. He glowed.



Tre hurried to the garage & wheeled in the "blue bike." Maddox turned red cheeked & smiled big. He rode the bike through the halls, kitchen, between couches all day long. We had a few victims of tires over toes, but nothing a snuggle could not fix.



I have been anticipating this birthday. somewhere in my head/heart I kept thinking...if we can get past 2 with Maddox we will be okay. I have been pushing forward to this birthday for a year now. I wanted things to be dramaticaly better. They are better. Dramaticaly? no. But Better. I will take better. Infact, yesterday he ran up to me many times & would proclain "Me happy." or "this fun." I have never heard Maddox express that he was HAPPY until now. It melts me to the core. I think every mother finds joy when they know their child is happy. Maddox, my sad boy, is finding happy! My heart is full.



& so with that--I am most grateful this wonderful thanksgiving for the happy my Maddox has found. but near to this is my gratitude for my husband who endures my insecurities, insomnia, & goldfish infested car. & My parents who would drive to the moon & back to see their grandchildren, & who would give all they had to make my life easier. I am grateful for friends who continue to love me though I find myself far from them. I am grateful for adventures, & trials...because after them there is always something that is perfect & peace provoking.








Happy Thanksgiving & a Happy 3rd Birthday to our "HAPPY" Maddox!




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

So sweet. So happy for the happy that's been found. :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground