Pages

{Weekend in pictures}

Monday, January 24, 2011

We started the cry it out method the other night with Presley.
It took her 15 minuets & she had it figured out.
It nearly killed me.
She goes down to bed & nap without a 40 minuete bounce & lullabye-athon now.
She is a dream baby. Easy to read, happy & sweet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love that my boys wanted to wear skelleton jammies to bed all while singing jingle bells.
Happy Holidays!
********


Saturday mornings are linen mornings.
Thrilling I know!
Im starting to see that sheetless beds are an open invitation for jumping & wrestling.
It makes for a crazy hour or two.
I usually do not watch.
When I do watch Im nervous & interfere with boys being boys.
I have found its just better to look away & let them do their thing...
with a hope & a prayer that no one looses teeth...again.
Watching the boys play together melts me everytime!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
poor Rod. 3 against 1.

************

Sunday we had our friends the Ballards over.
The ballards have 3 girls & another one just weeks away from arriving. When we invited them for dinner I had it in my head that the sweet & dainty Ballard girls pretty much would want nothing to do with the loud & crazy Sclater boys. I am glad to say I was wrong. They played together great. Sammy helped the kids put on a performance. They dressed like cow folk & danced to boot scootin boogy. Hillarious. We really enjoyed our evening.

but wait..there is more...

before the Ballard family left, Dave Ballard was teasing our 2 little boys about heads in toilets...well I guess Britt took it to heart. the kid went & dunked him self. head first. GROSSNESS! But ill tell you...its one of the funniest moments I have had as a mom yet. His face was priceless. & then Rod shampooed the kid.

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Jenni, priceless memories.
You made me laugh just thinking about Britt's head in the toilet (as long as he's ok!!!!)Something our kids would have done. Dana and Craig tell me I don't know half of what they did as kids. Enjoy and laugh with them!!

Kalen said...

Girl, you need to decorate that big wall behind your bed!!!

And I'm glad you have a sense of humor about the toilet thing. I couldn't even imagine!!! YUCK!

Jenni said...

kalen, i know. its so blank. but when we moved from our house to the rental we decided not to unpack a lot of stuff since we will move in May. it will make life a whole lot easier in the spring to not have to pack up yet again. so plain it will stay sadly.

allegra said...

the kissing sibling picture was to die for. and she is so cute in that hat! the cry it out method is so hard! hate it, but it does work. ruby has had the croup all weekend so i've been running to her all night and not letting her cry b/c she's sick. i know once she's all better though, her self-soothing skills will be down the toilet again so i'll have to start all over. argh.

funny about the swirlie Britt gave himself. too funny!! boys will be boys...

Heather said...

bahhhhaaaa! I am laughing out loud about the toilet incident. Priceless and so funny! I'm glad to hear the crying out stuff was short and successful for you and little miss. When do you start letting them cry it out before bed? It seems so long ago... Love ya!

Hill Family said...

that hat you have for Presley is ridiculously cute- glamorous! She looks like a 1920;s doll-- fun pics!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground