Pages

{Love}

Monday, January 10, 2011

It snowed in our rural town while we were in Arizona.
It snowed when we arrived home.
& It has not stopped since.
Tre has not had school yet. (I like it that way!)
& most likely/hopefully will not again tomorrow.
(we enjoyed the afternoon sledding with the sowbys & dinner with the piersons too. We have great friends! )


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
& then Maddox tripped & tumbled & got himself a very bloody lip.
Craig ran him home & I raced after them.
I am happy to report--he still has more teeth then his 2 older brothers.
We are accident prone around here.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yesterday I fell in love.
My family is often surrounded by loudness.
Britton is "Super Britt these days & practices jumping from one piece of furniture to the next.
& When he is not "Super Britt" he is the incredible Hulk.
& Hulk/Britt likes to yell at the top of his longs "Hulk want ice cream!"
Tre is busy too.
He is starting to realize little brothers can be...how should I say it?..a bit pesky at times.
He loves those clowns, but they get in his way a lot. & I mean a lot!
In response he will get agitated & do what boys do--chase them away...while stomping.
lovely.
Maddox is Maddox & still needs extra snuggles & love & lots of encouragement.
He likes to be animals these days. Cats-Meow. Dogs-woof. Cows-Moo.
He likes pretend.
He also has a prefrence for battery dependant toys.
I do not.
Presley is quiet.
She actually calms the storm.
The boys will be a whirling tornado...
but when they see that pretty Miss. playing on her blanket
they cannot help but stop & provoke a smile or two from her.
Maybe rub her bald head
& attempt to get a kiss on the lips--which is tricky business for the brothers.
But like i said. I fell in love yesterday.
Church had been canceled the boys were going bananas.
I had hit a breaking point. Something had to give.
I turned on Pandora. (love me some pandora)
Picked the channel that played our prefered sabbath appropriate music & hymns.
& Instantly
the children were still.
The little boys took places on either side of me on the couch where I was holding their sister.
Maddox laid his head on my arm & played with the tag on his sleepy blanket.
Britton asked questions about Jesus living in his belly. Yup-his belly. It took some time, but
I think he understands that Jesus does not infact live in his tummy & eat what he eats.
Tre helped Rod move Presleys spindle crib from our room.
I cried.
Iin those 2 hours at the end of the day I fell in love with my family all over again.
& I fell hard.
The spirit seemed stronger, maybe because it was quiet. Maybe because we had spent sunday
in an uncommon, but still special way. I cannot put my finger on it.
I love them dearly.
It was one of those days I wish I could have caught entirely on film. I would like to watch that day when im gray & Rod has to help me climb stairs & find my glasses. I think it would be an emotional & beautiful thing to sit down next to my Mr. & see our little ones being so sweet, & so tender.
I am smitten.
I love you Sclaters!
(Tre, I know your reading this on your ipod touch...I Love you big boy!!)

3 comments:

allegra said...

that is so sweet jenni! i love that story. music (especially the spiritual-kind) really does have such a great way of bringing the spirit into the home, doesn't it? I am glad you had that moment with your cute family! you are too cute.

Ava said...

Great pictures, as always. You look stunning in the picture of you and Presley! I keep seeing Natalie Portman in the news and it reminds me of you! :)

Kim-the-girl said...

What a beautiful post. I love it and need the reminder to fall in love with my family again and again... we're lucky to be blessed with so much!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground