Pages

{The Holy Ghost}

Friday, October 02, 2009


Monday night Rod had a nightmare he could not shake.
He tried to get back to sleep but by 4am He folded to his concerns
& called home to check in.
He felt in this dream that he needed to pray more fervently for
the safety of his wife & children

while he is away each week.

He started praying hard every moment he could.
Not completely sure why this nagging feeling was laying so heavy on his heart.

fast forward to Wednesday...

"Heavenly Father sent the Holy Ghost to protect us."
was the first thing Tre said after we all stopped crying.
I believe that.
After picking up items at the Bishop's storehouse,
the boys & I were in a car totaling accident.

6 milk jugs exploded
3 cartons of eggs cracked
& everything ended up all over the street & us.

glass shattered, my seat was moved to the middle of the car,
& the driver door onto my seat.

(Rod went down yesterday & took pictures for records. I think it shook him up.
I am only posting portions of the car.)





But we all walked away.

We ALL walked away.

Britt was on the impact side & was shaken up, but not a single scratch!
Tre slammed his head on his knees & tore a part of his gum, & split his lip &
roughed up his nose, but is happy & feeling much better already.
Maddox was the farthest from the impact & also was shaken up, but the least effected.
I was right in the middle of the impact
& walked away with only a few scratches from flying glass.
THATS IT!
Heavenly Father answered Rod's prayers.

We had a great group of people stop & love the boys & help me.
they even unloaded my car with 3 families worth of food from the storehouse
& loaded it into their own cars.
(what was salvageable)

The other driver was a kind man.
He helped with everything.
We hugged when we parted.

The boys & I were 90 minuets from home & with no one nearby so they took us back to the bishops storehouse.
The workers at the storehouse got out grapes & raisins
& juice & played with the kids.

We were very blessed to have all these loving people help us until
Laura could make her way to us. Which we are forever grateful for!

We got home late & were happy to be in Rod's arms.
He had been called at the hospital & headed straight home to meet us.

We are all achy & soar
But happy & a whole family!

I have an unwavering testimony of the power of the Holy Ghost.
He influenced Rod to pray.
He influenced me to react.



I am grateful for Rod. He left the hospital & has stayed home to care for us
& let me sleep off the headaches & pains.
I know we were blessed by his prayers.

I am grateful that we have had great friends dropping by & offering us love
& laughs & even a meal. We love them.

I am grateful to our bishop/doctor/friend/Rod's professor for seeing us so quickly & offering us OMT. He is a great & generous man.

I am grateful.
Ever so grateful that all my boys are safe & snuggled in their beds
& that I am about to go find a seat next to my handsome hubby.






After a crazy week I am desperately ready for
an uplifting Conference weekend!

7 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Holy Smokes!!! I am so glad you all are OK!!! You brought tears to my eyes, I love Tre's sweet testimony of God's love for him. I hope everyone continues to do well and enjoy the weekend.

allegra said...

you totally made me cry. you guys have been through some ups and downs recently, but you will all be so much stronger for it:) i am SOO glad everyone is ok!! thanks for your sweet testimony, it made my night.

praying for a healthy and easy recovery for you guys.

Stew said...

Jen, holy cow! That is soooo scary! When Chera told me about it, I got the shivers. You guys were sure blessed to come out okay. Heavenly Father must definitely like you guys. I'm so glad you all are okay! Make sure you rest too. I know you're probably tempted to still keep yourself busy, but give your body a chance to heal. We miss you guys!

Tamsyn said...

I too am obviously glad that all is well!! I love you guys! Thanks for your testimony and just being you!

Heather said...

Jenni- I am SOOOOOO glad you all are okay. I am in tears for what you had to go through and I am so grateful you are all ok.

Hill Fam said...

I'm so glad that everything turned out so well. Thank goodness for spiritual promptings!

Amy Houseman said...

oh jenni i'm totally in tears now...sad that you had to experience it, but ever so grateful for God protecting you all. i'm so thankful soo soo thankful you are all okay. God will always protect us...always!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground