Pages

{no one ever listens to me around here}

Thursday, July 02, 2009

okay, that is not entirely true.
but it holds its weight when it comes to a certain 2 year old boy
with his father's good looks & his mothers blue eyes.

I said "No" so many times today
that I was pretty sure it was the only word in my vocabulary.

I love my children,
I do what I can to protect them from the dangers of this world...
sometimes the greatest danger to my children is themselves.

After a 3 hour battle of wills over whether or not it was a good idea
for Britt to attempt climbing into a plastic child sized shopping cart
I gave in.
I surrendered,
waved a white flag
& gave him two thumbs up
to learn mommy knows best.


Photobucket
This shot says "see, Im doin' it!"
Photobucket
this picture says: "I was right Mom!"
Photobucket
this one right here reads: "Oh wait, Im not sure about this after all."
Photobucket
& the conclusion: "I was wrong, soo soo wrong. I should have listened to you Mom."

(my camera takes a gazillion shots a second so I caught it all...
& then put the clicker down as soon as the tears started.
what kind-a mom do you think I am?
But Id be lying if i said I didnt laugh!)


Do you think he will listen to me tomorrow?

Im not convinced.

That boy has every corner of my heart (his dad's too).
& I don't mind that I get an abdominal workout
everyday from laughing at all his crazy antics.

2 comments:

marie said...

I thought his legs would get stuck in the leg holes. Oh Britt!

Kim-the-girl said...

Oh! How I relate! :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground