Pages

{Tin Foil & Friends}

Monday, May 11, 2009

I think I am back.
(but i make no promises)

I hope everyone had a happy mommy day
& was pampered by little hugs & kisses all day long.

we went to church.
came home for siestas
& then headed over to cumberland gap
to get out & be normal.

The Finkleas & The Smiths were setting up camp for a few nights
& invited us to do tin foil dinners.

I made potato salad, & cookies
(i attached links to the words. try these recipes. yummy yummy)
the big boys ate hot dogs & strawberries.
I put chimichurri salmon, potatoes, & egg plant in our neatly packaged foil.

It was good.
The kids played & got dirty.
Aunt Amy has a little boy who turned 4 yesterday...so Tre was in heaven.
The Smiths have a sweet pup, Toby, which the kids loved.

Laura made her thin mint cookies
(the girl scouts have nothin' on these!)

we sat around the fire & chatted.
Rod held my hand & offered his sweat shirt.
the camping kids crawled into their tents & went to sleep.
we put our big boys in the car with a show & snacks
& the adults visited for a bit.

we got home at 10:15 & crashed.
I'm glad we got out.
It was nice.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
mothers day with finkleas & smiths

The boys gave me some very special gifts for mommy's day.
Tre made me a decorated mug, a recipe card holder,
a bouquet of flowers.
Britt made me smile.
Rod helped the boys deliver some camera equipment into my hands.
& I was given more sweets then I know what to do with.
Thank you Sclater guys.
you know mommy very well.





& I love you.....

3 comments:

Bingham Fam said...

Hey Jenni,
I hope you had a fabulous mothers day!!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is okay. We sure love you guys. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Finkleas said...

Thanks for coming out with us. We had so much fun!!! Glad Cameron and Tre loved playing with eachother.

I am going to steel the pics too if that is ok!

Can you believe the whole time I was there... I didn't take any pictures.

Love ya

Carol said...

Jenni,
I made the oatmeal cookies-they are yummy!!! I used mixed chocolate covered fruit and nuts. They may be my new favorite-which means I need to run many more miles a day to get rid of the extra calories-but definitely worth it.

The kids are beautiful!!!
Love you all
Aunt Carol

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground