Pages

Hey Dad look what I did...

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Today after the yard sale we packed up the kids & went to a friends house in Virginia (a fellow med student's place.) We met the Finkleas there & the guys got out all their toys. The kids were buckled up in the cars watching movies & snacking happily while us big kids shot guns. This was a first for me, so in my usual way I got a bit emotional, but Rod was a great teacher & made me feel at ease. Laura amazed me! Shes tough stuff that girl! She can shoot a gun! She taught me how to shoot a rather large gun that had quite the kick to it. By the end of the hour I had tried shooting 4 different kinds of guns, 2 of which were hand guns. I had been meaning to learn how to shoot a gun, & this was a good atmosphere. The guys & even Laura have permits. So looks like I'm next. The boys did not seem to mind watching from the safety of their car seats. I wouldn't say it was fun, but i wouldn't say it was awful either. I am sure Ill enjoy it more as I become more comfortable. It was a good experience & one I'm sure ill have a few more times. Joe set up a target for us...turns out I have pretty good aim. Dad, You would have been surprised. Don't worry we were super safe! Ps: How ridiculous do I look with a belly & a gun?!





4 comments:

Heidi said...

HELLO, HELLO!! We were so excited to see your comment on our blog. It's nice to keep in touch with you. We think of you often. Congrats on your new baby boy. He will be here so soon!! Your other boys are so adorable!!

Mauri said...

ok...pregnant and shooting a gun ... AWESOME! and not at all white trash!
you're the best. ps..as always, you look too cute being pregnant!

Anonymous said...

Jenni - you're belly is enormous. Is that really number 3? Awesome. We miss you guys - Glad you have a blog now! -

Amy Houseman said...

i love your cute belly!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground