Pages

{making up for lost time}

Saturday, December 29, 2012

With the hustle and bustle of thanksgiving, Madd's birthday, Coopers BIRTHday, Coopers return to the hospital, school projects galore etc. etc... I never found a moment to do a single christmas activity with the kids. We made up for it when school got out for winter break. we did the baking, the light seeing, the jammies, the video about Christ's birth, the giving, the movie nights with cocoa, the eating, the christmas parties. It felt good to soak in the season & the kids. Sometimes Ill look at the bigger 4 and think how much I miss them. family dynamics always shift with a new babe, and not to say that is bad...because its not at all. It just changes things. Presley & I just cannot snuggle as much as before. She is handling it far better than me. and Maddox all of a sudden is fully out of diapers at bedtime and acting all big (and sassy--saying "duh" all the time. we laugh it off though.) Britton is still britton. nothing phases the boy. We joke that he wouldn't even notice if we all disappeared. He is a sweet guy that one. T I think feels a bit more responsibility. Somedays he's all about it, but others I can just tell he needs to be 8, and just 8. & I let him. Having all 5 in arms reach this winter break has been loud, and silly, and full of head bonks, and kisses. 


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Its funny with such a big family how full the Christmas tree looks each year... I love to compare it to the early years. :)

Your kids are SO sweet! I love the picture of all of them by the tree! Their little personalities just shout through the photo.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground