Pages

{Luau}

Saturday, June 09, 2012

I have had the privilege of helping out with the neighborhood events this past year. Our president is my good friend/neighbor/ ward family member. I asked if I could pitch in & she was kind enough to let me jump in the committee mix. This weekend was the neighborhood Luau. We cooked pork in our house all day & i am certain it will continue to smell like pork for a few days to come. We got Diddy all dressed up in her cute little set that Omah & Opah brought back from Hawaii.  We made our way to the pavilion & pool for food, mingling & a live performance. Ill stop there. I had such a sense of gratitude tonight. I look around at where we live & who we live near & my heart is full to capacity. We are down right spoiled rotten! I feel like every day is a vacation with the sun, swimming & beautiful surroundings. I often wonder how we got here. and I continue....so after the live performance which was fantastic I might add. They were authentic & really got all the wee ones involved. They even ate fire-insane! so after all that fun there was a raffle for prize pales for the kids. Wouldn't you know it..our Diddy won one of those adorable fun packed pales. She was towing that thing around showing it to everyone in the place! Rod took my space & went to help with party breakdown so I could get changed & relax. He is a good man that one. as for the dudes...My mom reported that they went to the aquarium & a museum today & picked up their painted pottery & ate frozen yogurt. full day in Arizona! 


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

can you tell that Presley found the pile of leis? 
She needed a neck full. 

1 comment:

Ava said...

So cute! I think Luau's are my favorite party theme. You can never go wrong with bright colors and flowers and happy things! I'll bet it was a lot more fun to enjoy without eyes in every direction, keeping an eye on kids! :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground