Pages

{my waiter}

Friday, May 04, 2012

Today I went to  a restaurant & reserved a table for ONE, Yes, ONE. My name was called & I was lead to a nice little table in the corner of the room. My waiter handed me my menu. I noticed he was kind-a cute. Good looking even. Adorable. I may have even sighed a time or two at the sight of him. He asked what I wanted for a beverage. I placed my order. He said that in order for him to put in the order I would have to first pay him in a bear hug. So I did. I squeezed that waiter with all my might, in fact he had to tell me to stop hugging him as he looked around to see who was watching. Lets stop there for a moment. My husband was perfectly okay with this scenario....me going to brunch alone, hugging my waiter. Mostly because my waiter was none other than our first born, T.  His 1st grade class was hosting a "Reading Restaurant." Each child lead there guest to their decked out desk & handed them a menu. this menu did not have real beverages or foods, but rather different things that the child could read. Each with a price. for example, as stated above...a "beverage" reading required a bear hug. So cute! T is & has been for a long time a strong reader. I always enjoy hearing him read to me. Usually while at home we are interrupted by little hands grabbing at pages, but here in his classroom it was me & my cute waiter/chef, Tre. & I loved soaking him in. He's getting big you see, & I worry he doesn't get mommy time enough with his increasing independence & busy schedule. My table for one was perfect. I drank some orange juice and watched T swallow donut holes whole. Then I took my carryout bag with the chef's finest work & carried it home to my husband & little ones where we marveled at T's work. He is exceptional if I may say so myself. (His absolutely fantastic teacher seems to agree!)








Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That sounds incredible! And, as a side note, I love it when my kids do scribble journals. I think they are so creative and genius is bound to come from it. :)

Tamsyn said...

What!!? That is a great idea!!How cute and fun and I must ask...did you help make those treats?

marie said...

WE are so proud of Tre! I love the idea of the reading restaurant. I wish more teachers could be as creative as Tre's she is always doing fun things with the kids. Love you Tre and we will see you soon.

allegra said...

oh how cute is that?? what a great teacher and great idea!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground