Pages

{They own me}

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"they own me" he came home proclaiming.
(when I think of pagers I think of the 90s. )
Rod was given his pager today.
Photobucket
I dont know, but there is something about
seeing that pager on his
belt that made this real.
****
For the next two years the closest place Rod will be rotating will be a
90 minuet drive.
He will be doing 7 months in Lee County Virginia (3 hospitals)
(his first rotation is psyche, nice way to ease into it all.)
& then 18 months of selective rotations.
He has them in Texas, Ohio, California, Tennessee to name a few.
This will be the hardest part for us.
I don't know how to explain daddy's absence to the big boys.
(any advice mommy's?)
****

Today we went to Rod's dorm for the building dedication.
lots of head honchos were present.
the kids were really good (britt babbled a lot, but no screaming, yelling, hitting etc...)
& they got to see Daddy's room.
***

Rod & I have some tricks up our sleeves to make this work.
(one involves momma hen & the chicks in a tent...more on that later, & no we are not going to camp outside the dorms or hospitals. I don't think that would be appreciated.)
****

It was nice to attend the dedication & hear the mission statement &
the excitement surrounding this new program in Lee County.
I think seeing all of it & feeling a part of it gave me a sense of unity with Rod.
rather then thinking feeling like that is his life, & this is mine.
****

Im gonna miss that guy.
especially in the winter. his legs always keep my toes warm at night.
(picture a sad face here.)
****

it will definitely be an adventure...
involving a ton of prayers.

4 comments:

Hill Fam said...

JUST THINKING OF YOU. BRANDON'S SCHEDULE HAS BEEN A LOT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. HOPE THE SAME HOLD TRUE FOR YOU. GOTTA GO CAN'T SEE AGAIN. DARN MIGRAINE!

Chera Pierson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chera Pierson said...

Holy cow! I am now really nervous and scared for when Stew starts school in general, let alone his rotation years.

Let's get together sometime and let the boys play!!

Stew said...

Wow, that's quite a line-up of rotations. It makes me nervous to think that I'll be there in a couple of years.

It sucks that he'll be so far from you but please feel free to borrow my wife any time. You're also more than welcome over at our place whenever you need it. We'll help however we can.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground