Pages

{Stealing a night}

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rod & I left the boys with my parents.
we drove 122 minuets to Columbia South Carolina to attend the temple.
We needed this.
We needed to hear the words of the covenants.
We needed to see each other dressed in white.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I cried, He wiped my tears.
It was a special moment for us.
Going to the temple always is...but especially this time & especially for us.

We walked the temple grounds then buckled up & drove to dinner.

we ate yummy fish encrusted in pecans & Parmesan, we ate asparagus & herbed jasmine rice, garlic mashed potatoes, mahi mahi with scallops & fried shrimp, fresh bread, & a heavenly flour less brownie with raspberry sauce & macadamia nuts.

Then I had planned a surprise for Rod.
My parents offered to watch the 3 little Sclaters over night.
I took them up on it.
My dad arranged a suite at a hotel in Columbia.
Complete with yummy treats, & views & the best part...a doorbell to the suite.
which just cracked us up!
I guess its the simple things. isn't it?!

He loved the overnight.
& he was super surprised I would leave the boys, even our littlest of them.
I have learned how important it is to steel away & nourish marriage
& focus on each other,
take care of each other.
& we did that.
Rod is alot of fun to be with.

in the early morning we walked the capital & its gardens.
there were monuments everywhere.
our favorite being a beautiful one remembering African Americans.
the history is everywhere.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After breakfast we happily headed back to our brood.
we were greeted by smiles.
I had 24 hours of hugs & kisses stored up. & they got them all!

It was a fabulous little get away.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Mom & Dad for being so loving to our boys...
so much so that our boys dont even miss us when we are gone.
they love you & trust you.

Thank you Rod for loving me.


5 comments:

Amy Houseman said...

so sweet i cried! love that you had special time together!

Kim-the-girl said...

That is SO great! I love hearing that other people love their hubby as much as I love mine.

Mishay said...

I love the picture of you and Rod in front of the temple! You look absolutely beautiful :)

Hill Fam said...

I'm so glad that you guys got this time together!! You both look so thin! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy each other. The temple is sure a great place for that!

Jenni said...

mishay, i think you should get a kid & start a blog...but not necessarily in that order. pretty much I just want you to start a blog so I can admire how HOTT you are:) I miss you!You are my "beauty goddess of the earth." hahaha. oh the good ol' days. ps: Tre had ice cream with gummy bears on top last night & Rod & I instantly thought of you:)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground