Pages

{Kisses}

Saturday, June 20, 2009

9 years ago Rod kissed me for the first time.
He swears that I kissed him first, but that's just not true.
He layed one right on me.
I found a box, & dug through our craft basket.
spelled out...
Photobucket
then filled it with 30 homemade kisses.
each kiss was filled with mashed & molded Oreo cookies then dipped in milk chocolate.
each kiss offered a tag that told Rod something I love about him....
Photobucket
(they were fun to make.)
T & I spent the morning making hearts
to heart attack Rod's car &
then delivered his treat to him up at the school.

Rod has been studying an average of 13 hours a day for boards for the last 2 weeks.
Laura Finklea was my hott date for Rod's & My anniversary.
She was brave enough to invite my hair pulling, tantrum throwing circus to her yard to play.
(rod thinks the boys are having sympathy stress for him.
they have been acting out a lot lately.
maybe there is something to his theory.
they don't see much of him these days.
but soon we will have a whole week before rotations start!!!)

We really enjoyed ourselves.

after that we rushed home to quickly make the pizza Rod & I ate 9 years ago.
artichoke pizza.
if you know me, you know I LOVE ARTICHOKES!
Rod took me to the restaurant his chef brother worked at
& I was able to make my own pizza in the kitchen.
It was a fun date.
so each year I make that pizza.

We ate really fast, I put on a dress & put the boys in pants & button downs
& we dashed out the door to a baptism.
I love baptisms!
I missed it because the boys were having a hard time,
but just being in the church on a special night
was a welcome feeling of gratitude for my blessings.

while we were at the baptism Rod was hitting the books.
Tuesday he takes the Boards in Chattanooga!
Prayers please!

I close this post with mighty Maddox,
oh how I love this boy.
my world can be crashing & his face makes everything stop.
Photobucket
(I'm sad that his ears are starting to push back. I found it so endearing that his ears stuck straight out. I'm sure at 15 he wouldn't have liked that too much though. But this momma just loved those big ole ears! )

Fathers day is coming..are you ready?


1 comment:

Kim-the-girl said...

Ethan just told me, "I ate some blue m&m's this week and thought of Rod." Good luck to Rod Tuesday! And good luck to you to get through it too! :) Our prayers will be with all of you!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground