Pages

Wordless Wednesday...or not

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I had wanted to start a day of the week where I would just post fun pictures of the boys with no words. today was going to be the first "wordless wednesday"...but today happened to be Tre's 1st day of school! Yay! So I have words to say:)
My big big T-man DID GREAT!!!!!! he was so grown up about the entire process. No tears, no clinging, just excitement and intrest! He is one of those kids who needs to be told exactly what to expect s he got a good ol' pep talk this morning (and every day for the last week. ha) about his teachers, school books, his desk, potty at school, snack time, play time, friends etc... When we showed up at school his teacher Miss. Shannon was outside looking cute as anything with bright chunky jelery and a smile. She had musical puppets on her hands which was just adorable! She gave Tre a hug and was just amped up to begin the school year. Im certain taht between shannon and my own excitement (even if i was nervous myself) that Tre bought into it! The parents were allowed to walk the kids into the school today so we all lined up and walked in. Tre sat at his little seat at the yellow desk (his favorite color is yellow, so he was thrilled.) and he put his little bear name tag on and just soaked up his new class room. The parents began to trickle out. I gave Tre a kiss on his palm ( a new thing we started from a book called "the kissing hand" about a lil' raccoon taht goes to school. cute book.) and off I went leaving him smiling!I am just so proud of him. Rod and I are thrilled that he has this oppurtunity to jump start pre-school. And I am cloud 9 that it was a tearless morning! So...Yay for Tre!!! And oh well to wordless wednesday! This is one proud mama hen!




(The first 2 photos are of Tre beaming before school, and the last is of Omah and Tre after school. we went to Cumberland gap to walk around and eat at Webbs, we checked out the fish by the mill and had a great time. It was a fabulous 1st day!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay! I am so glad things went well today for Tre and for you with the school drop off. Tre looks adorable in his uniform! I'm so glad you liked Miss Shannon. I met her this last spring and she seemed just wonderful. I'm having second thoughts about not having Ben in the program. Reassure me that I made a good decision. Its hard.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground