Pages

{7+6}

Sunday, September 04, 2011

When Rod was completing his commisioned officer training for the air force he was in a "flight' (group) with 11 other medical/dental/optometry/law/clergy students. Funny thing is of the 300 people who would be completing COT Rod not only ened up with one of our besties, Jeremy Whiting, but also had a fabulous LDS room mate...& two other LDS guys were just down the hall. anyhow...Rod's room mate, Ethan ended up being a pretty nice guy with a great family! Ethan's sweet wife, Kim & I have been internet pals for 3 years now. I really do love & admire her! We met up about 2 months ago just Ethan, Kim & their littlest, & it wa sthen that we decided we had to get all ours together. For the labor day weekend Ethan, Kim & their 5 drove the 4 hours to our part of texas to have a big ole' sleepover! We had pizza, chocolate & plowed right through 2 boxes of capri suns. The kids jumped on the tramp, played the wii & watched kid history videos via you tube. Legos & lincoln logs were just about everywhere, & I loved it! The kids really enjoyed having a car load of kids to play games with. I think us 4 were shocked by how well it went putting 9 kids to bed. The children slept in sleeping bags & the last 2 clonked out at about 11pm. In the morning we had donuts from a tasty shop here in our city. We even gave "hot dog donuts" a try. The 9 were all sugered up & ready to jump on the tramp some more by 7am. I am sure our neighbors LOVED it. More playroom games were had, a front room boxing match & Kim & Ethan slipped in a temple visit too. They returned with too many sweet treats for us Sclaters. we were spoiled! All the children were wonderful! I really appreciated the way the woodbury children played with Maddox, they would always include him. It was precious! I hope the woodbury bunch know how much we love them, & I hope they will forgive me for my melt down ehen I thought 2 of the littlest were locked in Presley's bathroom. (I had a royal FREAKOUT! sorry friends!)




so all that...now pictures...




Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket the next picture was so kindly taken by my hubs while I was being a stellar baby sitter. Totaly asleep on the job in the middle of 9 kids! Im awsome!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(l-r front: Britton, levi, jonas, tre, eliza, bryant, bolton, maddox. l-r back: Presley, Rod, me, kim, ethan. that equals 13!)









* It was like having old friends here to visit!






3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

If there was ever any question that you guys are the nicest people in the world, all doubts have been erased... seriously we had SUCH a FABULOUS time! Your family was so welcoming and loving and made us feel so at home. I'm sure we wouldn't have had such an easy time getting the kids to bed if they hadn't felt so at home. Thank you a million times over! My kids are dying to come back! Ha! I'm sure y'all can't wait. :)

Finkleas said...

Looks like fun!

Tamsyn said...

I wish we were only hours from you!
:( Miss you like Crazy!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground