Pages

{sleepy blankets}

Friday, September 09, 2011


When we were expecting Tre, my mother began the spoiling process. My parents raided Pottry Barn kids & bought just about anything Baby boy would need or want. Including 2 incredibly soft & fuzzy stroller blankets. Tre had those blankets by his side from day 1. When Britton was born, again my parents bought him his 2 stroller blankets, & again baby & blankets were inseperable. Britton is particular with his sleepy blankets. One must be wrapped around his pillow at night. I imagine that soft baby blanket feels comforting to him on his cheek. the other blanket covers his quilt & his moose. When Maddox was on his way my parents purchased monogrammed PB stroller blankets. As A november babe, he was always snuggled with those blankets. One snowy & slushy afternoon we were running errands & Madd's blanket fell out of the car. It became dingy & it never really came clean. This is when T stepped up to plate. Our 4 year old T gave his new baby brother his 2 sleepy blankets. & So Maddox snuggles to bed & nap each day with those 7 year old blankets. Maddox thumbs the tags on those blankets. They are not as bright as they were when Tre was born 6 1/2 years ago, but they are a favorite regardless. Presley even has her own set, but this time pink! She has proven particular too. She likes her blankets laid beneth her to sleep.
Those blankets have a great deal of sentiment to me & the children. Occasionaly the blankets leave the beds & make their way down stairs. This morning they did. They were laid out on the carpet, & my heart strings were tugged. I really dont want these babies to get any bigger. not ever.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

So sweet. The memories, the snuggles, and that big brother for sharing his treasure.

Niki said...

We are a blankie family also, I can relate! Thanks for coming with us yesterday you are so cute!

ProfaFrye said...

Won't lie, that post made me year up a bit.... That's hat makes life worth it! ;)

Ava said...

We are a blankie family too. Logan finally gave it up about 6 months ago. We tucked it away in a special place for him in our closet. Every once in a while, he asks if he can "visit" his blankie. And he'll talk to it, and hold it, and ask if it can come watch cartoons with him. I would let him keep it, but he sucks his thumb when it's in his hand, so we had to break him of it. Nearly broke my heart. Preston's blankie is a "she". He has "her" kiss me goodnight and cuddles her in bed. Some friends have picked on us for our boys blankies, but I'll tell you, they are lifesavers! It helped the boys feel secure anywhere they were. They always fell asleep easily with it by their side and never minded going to a sitters house for the evening as long as their security blanket was there. Love them! And so sentimental. I remember when the blankets were bigger than them! Sad they grow so fast!
Sorry I just wrote a novel. hahaha. :)

Jen said...

Looking at your babies makes me SO happy! They are gorgeous and clearly very, very, very loved! I hope we can give our Beckett baby such an amazing experience too! Love you all! xoxo

Colin, Jamie and Presley Kent said...

Both of my girls are obsessed with their pottery barn blankets. Maybelle is especially attached, I had to buy two and cut one in half so she could have a smaller version to tote around town. She went through a really bad teething phase where I let her drag her blanket everywhere, and ever since then, she can't leave the house without it. I know I shouldn't fuel her addiction...just call me an enabler!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground