Pages

{A Pink Cake--a Sclater 1st!}

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh dear. another not-party birthday this month.
I am going through withdrawls. I had Presley's 1st planned since the first week she was born. Ill spill the beans. i wanted to do a wizard of OZ shabby chic type-o thing. with blue & white gingham & white linen & red accents here & there. well darn-it...we moved & so the party planning was put on hold. Maybe for the girlies 2nd.

anyways...

Today we ate cake.
Our daughter is one.
This past year has been beautiful, a dream come true!!! I feel so blessed to have a girl in our family. Rod & I agree (yes, even the dad who wanted 5 boys) that our family Would have never been complete without her. She is lovely.

She was taken out for some favorites at dinner--sweet potato fries & brocolli, then we returned home to a pink cake covered in rosettes (which PS is soooo easy--i watched a tutorial on you-tube about a year ago & had it on my to try list.) After digging & shoveling the cake into her pretty face she realized she was dirty & proceeded to cry. its her party after all. She drank her milk & quickly fell fast asleep smelling sweet like sugar.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

T even got behind the camera a bit....


Photobucket
Photobucket


It was a simple & very low key 1st for a sclater--but there was an abundance of hugs & kisses for the girlie & we sang happy happy birthday presley dear no less then 50 times throughout the day!

WE LOVE YOU YOU GORGEOUS GORGEOUS BABY!

8 comments:

allegra said...

sorry about the party plans being put on hold. but you know what? who cares. It really doesn't matter. It sounds like we're kinda similar...just wanting everything to be perfect and done well (really, sometimes i have to tell myself to slow down. I kinda like a big party too) But in the grand scheme of things, Presley girl doesn't care one bit. She felt loved and that 's all that matters! Plus, it looks like she DID get a fabulous party! Holy cute cake! Love, love it!! You're a darling momma and she's a sweetie. Happy birthday to her! You can save the cute party idea for her 2nd bday like you said.:)

I hope you're adjusting a little bit better to your new place. (which looks gorgeous by the way!! holy smokes.) Anyway, I know how tough it is to move. Hang in there!

Kalen said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Presley!!! Love that she's already holding VERA!!! <3

Tamsyn said...

I love it, I love it! And I can't believe I didn't call yesterday to wish her a happy day!!! I can't believe she is 1...where does the time go? We miss you guys like something terrible!!!

Ava said...

She is soooo cute! I'm so happy for you that you finally got a girl! It must make you smile every day knowing you have a daughter. You did a great job on that cake! I've seen cakes like that on party websites, but haven't had a need to try it yet. But now I might need to try, it looks delicious!!

marie said...

Jenni, the cake is Beautiful and looks delicious! PINK is the way to go and Presley looks like she is loving every bite. YUM!! Love the pictures and can't wait to see all of you. XXOO

Ben and Sarah said...

Hey I know right? It only took me 3 hours to figure out how to do it again! I'm feeling good just huge! Ready to get it over with. How are you all doing in Texas? Do you like it there? And Presley is so darn cute! thanks again for the pictures!!

Kim-the-girl said...

Even when you don't do a huge party, you still put the rest of us to shame! She is so lovely.

Ethan and I will be in San Antonio Tuesday night until Monday. We'd love to meet up!

Jenni said...

ummm. YES PLEASE KIM!!! ill get my hubs on the horn tonight!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground