Pages

{Maddox}

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My Maddox, in all honesty you are my very own test of endurance.
how long can I endure the screaming? How long can I endure the crying? the hitting, the destruction? the madness?
I love you to bits. I think you looks so much like my grandfather & you have the cheesiest smile around!
Now & again you give me the oppurtunity to see whats behind all the tears & fits.
A very tender boy who just needs lots of extra love.
Im not at all sure why you need me more then your brothers or even Presley. but you do. I hope to one day figure you out, be able to help you be a happy boy. I worry Im failing you.(I hear most moms feel that at some point.) you cry more then you laugh & I hate that. Not because I cant stand the sound, but because I want you to have fun & feel joy. You are my baby boy & no amount of screaming fits will change the way I love you! When you feel like you can...could you please start talking & tell me how I can help you smile more?
you have my heart forever you crazy boy!
love, your mommy

6 comments:

Mauri said...

i have an elli. one who i don't feel like i understand and therefore don't know the best ways to teacher her and help her grow.
know you're not alone in your struggles.
hug for you.

Heather said...

You are not alone sweetie! Ben is going through a very defiant stage right now. There are days I don't feel like a good parent because of all the disciplining I am doing. i think what we do as parents is the most rewarding and difficult thing ever. hang in there!!! this too shall pass.... :) xoxoxoox

marie said...

Jenni, it is not you. Each child looks for different affection and needs and Maddox just happens to be the child that needs more. I know you have heard this a million times but you were our child that needed more attention and affection than Brad. But, in time you got it all figured out and Maddox will as well. He doesn't need to talk because he has many voices for him. He will one day say "Wait Wait" and start talking. We love you and if we could have as much strength as you to raise four children while Rod is away at rotations we would all be so lucky. Hang in because this to will pass. With so much love being sent your way.. Mom and Dad xxoo

Kim-the-girl said...

I truly think its 3rd child syndrome... SO many 3rd children I know are this way. My Levi is my test of patience and endurance if ever there was one. Best of luck! And your mom is SO right... if we could have even half the strength you do we'd count ourselves lucky!

Ava said...

How refreshing to feel not alone! I love my Preston, but he is the most defiant, naughty boy! Thank you for making me feel normal! :)
Has the change in diet, that you mentioned a while back, helped at all?

Chera Pierson said...

I just love reading up on everything that you guys are doing. I can't believe that in a few weeks, it will have been a year since we moved from Middlesboro!!! Crazy how time flies!! Miss you lots!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground