Pages

{Its been 4 years}

Monday, February 01, 2010


The last time we saw charlie was at 5am on a Saturday.

He & Rod were cramming our mattress into a U haul Truck.

Once Rod was on the road with all our belongings in boxes,
Charlie took Tre & I to the airport in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Tre was 17 months old.

Charlie was there when Rod was a freshman at BYU.
Charlie was there when Rod & I met.
He was at the airport with me when Rod went off to the mission training center.
He was Rod's room mate post mission & put up with the R & J drama....& there was a lot.
Charlie was at our wedding. one of very few present for the sealing ceremony.
Charlie was there when Tre was born.
He even helped Rod talk me into naming our 1st boy, Rodney the III. Thus Tre.
Charlie was there for anything we needed.
Charlie & his darling darling wife Sara were T's 1st Nursery leaders.
& He was there to send us off from Utah.


Charlie is in Phoenix for business.
He came to visit the mini Rods.

The boys were all over him.
Like they have known him forever.
Britt even picked a fight with him.
Maddox wanted chuck snuggles.

It brought me back to our Utah days.
--sigh--

We Sclaters are grateful for Charlie.
He was instrumental in making rod & Jenni, Rod & Jenni.

We love you guys Charlie, Sara & Weston.
Sara I missed you!
Next time!

Rod we missed you too!
See you in 3 days hot stuff!

4 comments:

Hill Fam said...

That's so nice you guys got to see each other again. I can't believe that was 4 years ago. It really has been a long time since I've seen you. Do you realize that between the 2 of us we will have had 5 kids since then. CRAZY!

Jenni said...

MARTA, I miss you!

Sara said...

Jenni, you just have a way with words. You are so sweet! If we move down there I'm sure I'll see you soon! Thanks for the walk down memory lane, we sure miss having you in Provo. Charlie told me it was fun to cuddle Maddox 'cause he already missed Weston.

Tara said...

I love Charlie. That just makes me think that I need to take advantage of the fact that we're right here in Utah with them. Thanks for the reminder!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground